We have had uncharacteristically gorgeous and warm spring weather over the past week with more 70's in the forecast to come, and we have been living outdoors lately. Newbie has been busy exploring all the nooks and crannies in his new backyard, and we've been adventuring out to new playgrounds in the area. I feel so spoiled getting to enjoy spring weather early this year....it feels like we're cheating after such a mild winter!
The Park


(Juice boxes are a picnic favorite....double bonus if the box sports "yite-ning mi-kween")
The Big Backyard
*Pause or mute the music on the right sidebar to hear the commentary (ignore my voice- its Newbie you want to hear)...and sorry about the shaky camera- I was holding Opie's leash with one of my camera hands. =)
(Camo shirt, workout pants, and big clod-hopper boots? Yeah, he's definitely his father's son.=] )
The Breakfast

(Newbie flipped a lid when he discovered his pancake had a "paw beawy" nose. Yesterday we shared a pile of strawberries, and he pulled out a huge one and exclaimed, "A BIG ONE!!!" the Hubs and I cracked up over that one. Paw-berries: just another reason spring rocks this boy's socks off.)
The Surprise
I don't want to make you jealous, but last night my parents surprised us with Chick-Fil-A for dinner. CHICK-FIL-STINKIN'-A! We don't have any within a two hour drive, and my dad hit up the nearest spot on his way home from a business trip yesterday. I am a Chick-Fil-A freak since birth, and was so excited to see Newbie have his first taste. He was really into the fries, and tolerated a bit of the chicken...which was fine with me because I got his leftovers. =) Thanks, Daddy!!!!!

(YUJM.)
The Baseball

(Oh, the baseball! Half of Newbie's spring attire has a baseball or a Detroit Tiger ("PAWS!!!") on the front, and Newbie always wants to "pway bay-ball". We can't wait to take him to his first game this spring!)
The Belly

Jubilee has been enjoying the spring weather too. I'm so happy we've had a chance to enjoy the sunshine with our littlest little!
(Jubilee, we have spent a lot of time outside together the past several days. We take you and your brother to the park and you and I sit at a bench if Daddy's there, or we chase Big Brother around if we're flying solo. I've told you about how much I loved playing outside as a little girl, and all about how the flowers wake up and bloom in the spring. This particular day we picnicked by the river and got to watch some fishermen. Big Brother loved it, and I told you about how your Grandad taught me to fish and how your daddy loves to fish too. We love being outside, and it has been so fun to bring you along with us to enjoy this beautiful weather! We love you, sweet baby!!!)

The Hubs and I have a thing for sitting out in the yard before dinner munching on chips and watching Newbie play on his slide and chase Opie across the yard. We have spent several evenings outside drinking from mason jars and laughing with Newbie. He is such a joy!
(Jubilee, earlier this week when we were playing in the backyard, Big Brother had been playing with a rock he found- pushing it down the slide, carrying it all over the yard with him- and then he came up to Mommy and tapped the rock right on Mommy's belly saying, "wock, baybee! Wock, boo-balee!" He wanted to show you his special treasure. =) Your big brother loves you so, so much, Jubilee! He talks about you sometimes out of nowhere "baybee in Mommy's tummy? Boo-balee?", and he likes to snuggle you every once in a while. It warms my heart seeing him love on you like that- I love that he gets to love on you like Mommy and Daddy do. You are such a special part of our family!)
*****

The Hubs is home today to enjoy the high of 73 and hang out with me and the gang. We have big plans to hit Old Navy for some spring maternity clothes since my winter supply isn't going to hold up against this warm weather, and there's rumor of a Cold Stone date to follow. My kinda Friday, baby.
Thanks again for rooting our little Jubilee on and for celebrating her smile with us yesterday! Happy weekending!
Hi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteWhere to begin... Your blogs !!!! Jean told me of them shortly after you lost little Eden. Your deep faith and love for our Lord has touched me in a way I can not describe.
HIS unfailing Grace....Awesome!!
My church family is praying for you, precious little Jubilee, Hubs and Newbie. Last Tuesday night I joined the Lady's Bible Study group and added the four of you to their prayer list. When we meet a week from Tuesday I plan to take a photo or two of the 3 of you so everyone can see the beautiful family that we are praying for.
BENDING...... I made it to: I never change. Beloved, I AM. I Am the one thing that is steadfast and familiar. I Am the One that will not change. And I Am with you always. Beloved, I. never.change.
With tears in my eyes and my heart I hit print.
I will finish it later.
God willing we will see you in August.
Hugs (Prayers wrapped in God's love)& blessings.
Love, Aunt June