Saturday, April 28, 2012

Croup and Heartburn and Backaches, OH MY!

Just wanted to hop online and let you know I'm still here, and I know I'm in situation that probably leads to lots of questions when I don't update for a while, so I just wanted to assure you that I have a sweet friend lined up to update the blog for me when I'm officially in labor.  So no need to worry if the blog is silent for a bit.  =) 

This time the break has been due to a long week in our neck of the woods fighting various ailments: Croup for Newbie, pregnancy aches and pains for me, and putting up with the both of us for the Hubs. My man is such a trooper.  I can't count the loads of dishes and laundry and diapers he's taken care of in the past 48 hours. 

We've had the blessing of using the heart doppler to hear Jubilee's heartbeat a couple times a day.  It is such a sweet sound, and I love having the ability to check it at home instead of having to go into the doctor. We don't know how long we'll get to hear that bitty swoosh swoosh swoosh, but boy, do I swoon over it and savor that sound every time we do! I have a feeling she has changed positions a bit because I have been suuuper uncomfortable the past few days.  One of the bonuses to not feeling so great is that it reminds me of my pregnancy with Newbie...Jubilee is so tiny that much of this pregnancy has physically felt very different than my pregnancy with Newbie, but sister is making up for lost time and laying on the pregnancy symptoms in double over time the past few days.  Mega heartburn leading to lots of late night hours up wandering the living room, Googling heartburn remedies, and talking to Opie (I think he likes the company).  Aches and pains that keep me on the couch most of the day while the Hubs holds down the fort.  And I've been fighting the cold Newbie has, so we're just a big mess over here.  Which is why its been ages since I've updated and even longer since I've taken any pictures.

However, tomorrow the camera comes out again because Jubilee and I are getting baptized tomorrow afternoon(!!!!!!!), and a 7 month pregnant woman getting dunked in a pool of water is an event that deserves a few photos, don't you think? I couldn't be more excited about it, and I'm looking forward to telling you more, but Newbie's protesting bedtime, and I think its time Mama Bear takes a run at the "you need to put your head on your pillow" pep talk. =) 

Once things slow down over here a bit, I'll be back with more on our big afternoon- just wanted to pop in and let those of you who are reading from a distance know that we're hanging in there!

Happy weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment