Thursday, April 5, 2012

An Early Morning Peek

Well, we landed ourselves in the hospital this morning at 2:00 with one whopping false alarm that resulted in a two hour triage stay and only four hours of sleep for the Hubs and I...and GiGi and Grandad, the lucky troops who got called in to watch Newbie (thanks, Daddy!) and provide potentially much needed moral support (thanks, Mama!). 

False alarms are NOT my favorite game.  Mostly because I'm not a big fan of hospitals or those ugly socks they give you or having to explain my special case over and over and over again.  Can't we just get a big red flag on my chart and call it done?  Homegirl isn't great at explaining skeletal dysplatia and partially expected early labors in the wee hours of the morning.  We've had about four false alarms so far, and from what the nurses and doctors keep saying, chances are we may have a few more before its all said and done.  Its just hard to say whether or not Jubilee is on her way each time over the phone, and they don't want to risk anything with me and Jubi since we're a pretty fancy-schmancy case of momma and baby. 

The good news is that with each false alarm comes the minimum treat of getting to hear Jubi's little heart just pumping away over the monitors.  Major score.  That little swoosh swoosh swoosh is just sweet music to my ears because there were several weeks early on in this pregnancy that we prayed and prayed for that little heart, and now, here we are, 26 weeks in and that swoosh swoosh swoosh is still going strong.  I'm learning not to take a single miracle for granted, and that little 26 week old heartbeat is a miracle if I ever heard one!

In addition to the precious song of a tiny heartbeat, we also got the crowning glory of an ultra sound last night.  I freak out any time we get to see Jubilee through an ultrasound, and the doctors always laugh when I say its like Christmas.  But seriously: its like Christmas!  Knowing this may be the only time we have with her, I just adore getting to see her little frame pop up on the screen.  And the best part is when I see her jump on the screen and feel her jump inside at the same time.  Absolute bliss, baby.  She was wiggling a lot yesterday, which is very, very unusual for her, and it was so much fun to see her on the screen and feel her dancing around inside.  I was shouting for joy at 3 in the morning today.  It was wonderful.

I'll take a late night trip to triage and ugly socks for a chance to see my littlest little squirming around on an ultra sound any day.  =)

(Jubilee, Momma's sleepy in this picture because we didn't get much sleep last night...Momma and Daddy got to see you on an ultrasound in the early hours of the morning today!  I love watching you wiggle and squirm on the screen.  It is such a treasure to see you and feel you move at the same time!  You were moving around a lot yesterday before the ultrasound too.  Big Brother and you and Mommy went over to have dinner with GiGi and Grandad, and after we ate, Grandad played his guitar for us.  He sang some of our favorite songs and some new ones too, and while Big Brother tried to snatch the pick and played with his toys on the floor, Little One, you were dancing!  I haven't felt you move that much through this entire pregnancy.  You were just a little jitter bug, and I rested my hands on my belly and just soaked in your every move.  GiGi even felt you wiggle a couple times!  I love feeling your little tap-taps once every other day- or several days in a row if I'm lucky- but you don't usually have more to say than a little pat-pat before you snuggle deep and keep yourself a secret.  But yesterday was special because you were boogyin' down at Grandad's house and then wiggling around enough at the doctor's appointment for Momma to see and feel you.  Thank you for the treat, Jubi! I love when you let us know you're here. =)  xoxo, Momma)

We are taking it easy today after not-enough-rest and a fun little peek at our girl this morning.  I explained to Newbie over Lucky Charms at breakfast that last night Mommy and Daddy went to the doctor to check on Jubilee's bandaids and that's why his Grandad was here when he woke up (at 4 am....yikes!).  He is such a little trooper.  He just looked at me and listened while he picked through his cereal for the marshmallows (he gets that from his momma), and then he said, "Yeah.  Gan-dad.  Yeah."  It does my heart a world of good to see our little guy hanging in there and rolling with the punches just like we are on this journey.  And I'm so thankful to know God is filling in the gaps and shepherding his little heart when I can't be there to care for Newbie like I want to.  Last night God provided by being sure Newbie had his Grandad to snuggle with when he woke up too early asking for Mommy, and He has provided in countless other ways as well. 

God is so, so good.  Holding my heart in His hand, He is in control of every last detail.

...and she can laugh without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

(The Hubs cracked a joke right as he snapped this picture today....so thankful for a man who is willing to seek Christ's courageous joy on this road with me.)

Here's hoping for an uneventful few days as we head into Easter weekend!  Really looking forward to shouting with joy and celebrating the risen King this Easter Sunday.

Happy Thursday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment