Monday, April 16, 2012

Newbie's "Mouse Cookie" Party

Wowzers, what a weekend!  We had a big birthday bash for Newbie up in here and it took us all of Sunday to recover from the fun! 

Newbie has always loved reading The Best Mouse Cookie and brother has a serious fetish with chocolate milk, so it only seemed fitting to throw him a If you give a mouse a cookie Milk and Cookies birthday party this year.  I had planned to pull back on the party planning, but the week of the party the creative juices started flowing, and with a lot of help from my mama, we pulled off quite the extravaganza! We missed lots of Texas family, Newbie's Great Grandma, and Uncle J and Aunt Corndog (who have been sending me horrifically lovely pictures of the beach in Florida), but we had a blast celebrating with family and friends who were in town!

The Details:
(GiGi and Grandad ordered Newbie's cake- it was so fun!)
(We had a few party games- "mouse cookie" coloring sheets, a little ball pit, pin-the-chocolate-chip-on-the-cookie, and a Bake Shoppe full of pretend cookies for the kiddos to play with.)
(Milk and cookies were running out of our ears!  Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter, Molasses, and Everything But The Kitchen Sink.... I'm still full from all the munching.)
(Kiddos went home with juice box holders and a little bag of cookies....the juice box holders were in an effort to save my new carpet-ha!)

The Prep:
(The night before his birthday, Newbie declared he wanted a "bird-day hat" so Grandma and I took him out to the store, and Grandma bought a slew of bird-day hats for the party. He was smitten.)

The Play:
(The Hubs read The Best Mouse Cookie to the kiddos after some milk and cookies.  Newbie loved it.)
(After singing "bird-day tew yew" to Woody and Lightning and Opie for the past few days, he was thrilled to hear the crowd singing it to him!)

The After Party:
We loved taking the time to celebrate our little man, and the Hubs and I were so humbled by the sweet family and friends who were excited to celebrate with us.  We are so blessed with good friends, and it was such a joy to share the day with them.  We had a little after party at a local pizza buffet after cake and cookies. (When its your birthday, you get to eat dessert first!) I love that all of our kiddos play together and that we can all sit down for a pizza dinner and share babies and food and matchbox cars with one another.  It was the perfect end to a wonderful birthday!
I can't believe my little man is two years old.  He is growing up so quickly- he's been talking like crazy and keeps the Hubs and I laughing all day long.  It is such a joy to be this little guy's momma, and I am so blessed by God's gift in entrusting this little heart to us. 

Happy Birthday, Newbie!  We love you!!!

*****
Jubilee and I are off to see what we can do about a little post-lunch birthday cake leftovers. =)  We have a big week this week ending in an ultra sound on Friday. I've been processing a lot lately, and I was so thankful to have a break from all the thinking with Newbie's birthday weekend.  Sweet friends covered us in prayer, and we were given a nice reprieve from the weight of our normal days and were able to just really sit back and enjoy our family sorrow-free. =) We're back to the grind again today, so for now I'll leave you with the oddles of birthday party pictures and wish you all a happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the bright pictures and the lovely recap of his adorable birthday party. I'm pretty sure you throw the best birthday parties ever. Actually, I'm not even pretty sure, I am CERTAIN. :) I'm glad you had a day full of smiles and laughter and memories. I teared up when I saw the FOUR of you huddled together as we sang Happy Birthday to Newbie at the party. I just got a knot in my throat, to get to see you three together and Jubilee right there with you. Will be praying for you this week and on Friday in particular... Many, many prayers for you guys! Will be praying for some more sweet pictures of Jubilee for you to keep too! :) Ps. Also, thank you SO much for posting that photo of me that shows me - TRULY - how desperately I need to get back on the vegan and exercise bandwagon. WHEW! I'm exercising TONIGHT!

    ReplyDelete