I'd like to first say that Bugs bit the dust last night. He went from Tupperware to the Crock Pot and was filling the house with the aroma of my childhood slow-cooked when I walked in the door last night. What that sneaky hubs will do when he is at home with the dog and free from supervision. It scares me to think what will happen when I'm gone and there are three men in this house. Havemercy. If he starts cooking my Gummi Bears up for dinner, there will be words.
Today was a semi/mediocre/kinda productive day. I say that because there were three bouts of productivity between elongated bouts of napping, catching up on the lame-O Bachelor, and blogging. The three bouts resulted in the following:
1)A clean and organized pantry. This was a little scary. The Hubs lived here for 3 years as a bachelor with various roommates before I moved in when we got married, and I found a package of Ramen Noodles that expired in what looked like another decade. Just lucky that's all I found in addition to some Sour Patch Kids I had forgotten about that were a little more than crusty.
2) A call to the doc to request him as my son's pediatrician. I thought I'd have to file some paper work or haul my cookies all the way to his office and talk with him. But the sweet lady on the phone said all I have to do is write his name down since the fam are already patients at the office. Who knew! Bought be a whole extra hour to catch up on Facebook today.
3) A clean and organized junk drawer. I have never seen so many batteries.
That's it. With the exception of a few loads of laundry (plus or minus 10).
So tonight we have big plans to really send Friday out with a bang. Hamburger stroganoff and Band of Brothers with the possibility of some Season 9 Scrubs mixed in for good measure. Ah, I love a good Friday night after a painstakingly long day of hard work. Mmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment