
I'm starting a Book Club. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and after reading the entire Twilight series and having no one to sit down with and discuss for hours over drinks and appetizers the ins and outs of being a vampire and all the reasons why Bella was an idiot for ever kissing Jacob, I decided it was time for a remedy.
So I'm starting up a Book Club, and I can't wait. It's kind of like "The Finer Things" club from The Office, only with more food and not in the break room. More food is really the important part because of the massive amount of cereal and chocolate I have consumed in the past month. Food is definitely a priority.

Outside of the food, I'm really excited about the Book Club clip art I stumbled upon while making the invites. Because, after all, it's all about the clip art.

I guess it's kind of about the books too. Which is exciting. Because if I have to read another book with only Opie as my partner in literary criticism, or if I have to go through the agonizing experience of reading Twilight for four days straight only to find that I'm the only one who cares that much about werewolves, I might go bonkers.
We're meeting once a month to eat. Oh, I mean, to eat and talk about whatever book we read for that month. And the best part is that we're having dinner each month based on the theme of the book. I'm hosting the first meeting at my house, and we're reading Beneath A Marble Sky , a book about the building of the Taj Mahal. I'm going to google "rent a tiger" and see if I can get one here for the dinner. Not to eat. Just for ambiance. You know, set the mood. It should be a good time. If you're in the area and interested in joining, get a hold of me and I'll get an invitation to you. We're looking for a group of about 8-12 ladies, and we're a little over half way there. Call me, facebook me, or email me. You do not want to miss out on my Book Club clip art. Trust me.
No comments:
Post a Comment