Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shhh....He's hunting wabbits

Today the hubs rolled out of bed at 7:30 and took me with him.

He wanted to hunt some wabbits with his hunting buddy, which meant I had the grueling task of getting out of bed early on a Saturday and the pleasure of spending the day with L. While the menfolk were out hunting, I got to snuggle the cutest little almost one year old ever and we managed to squeeze in a trip to Taco Bellio and a kids consignment shop. I would have purchased 89,435 two dollar outfits from the store, but the cashier was so slow and the line was so long, that by the time it was my turn, I handed her four things I didn't want anymore and only bought two. That's what happens when you make a cranky pregnant lady stand in line while you chat casually about your latest in-store promotion. Sheesh. And now I'm left semi-regretting not buying that little blue onesie with the crab on it. Shoot.

I'm sure you're all wondering if there's a dead wabbit sitting in my refrigerator. The answer is YES. And I'm sure you won't be able to rest tonight until you know how I feel about it. So I'll tell you. Not good. Mostly because one time I walked up on the Hubs skinning a rabbit in the backyard, and now I can't get that picture out of my head. Another contributing factor is that I was a big Bugs fan as a kid, and I don't love the idea that he is now hanging out in some tupperware on the same shelf as my cream cheese and kiwis. Yuck.


Which begs the question the Hubs and I used to ask ourselves when we got cable...what the heck happened to all the good kids cartoons? No Smurfs? No Fraggle Rock? No David the Knome? How do you spell knome? No Gumby or Gummi Bears or Looney Toons or Tale Spin? What is the world coming to?!? We are going to order retro cartoons off of Amazon when the babes gets big enough to enjoy TV without it mushing his brain. Seriously. SpongeBob has nothing on the stinking Gummi Bears. I'm just sayin'.


And on that note, I'm going to go online shopping with the money I saved from the consignment store. Y'all have a great Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment