Monday, February 7, 2011

Enter the Pink and Princesses

Today Newbie and I had the pleasure of spending the day with the two sweet little ladies I used to nanny for.  I was giddy about a chance to play tea party and dress up and to hug those precious girls again, and Newbie was just happy to be out of the same 20 foot radius we've spent most of our days in this winter. 
The girls were completely taken with Newbie, and I'm not sure that boy knew what to do with all the pink and purple and glitter. He missed his morning nap because he was so busy taking it all in.  It was fun to watch him play with the girls- he was a big fan! 


Are they not just TOO stinking cute?!?  The first thing we did was pull out the hair bows and clips and combs and work on a couple of french braids.  OH!  How I miss blonde hair and all things pink and ribbony!  I'm pretty sure I enjoyed playing beauty shop more than the girls did today!

Hanging out with the kiddos made me realize I really miss the comedic relief that comes when little people can talk. The Hubs spent some time with us before leaving for work, so he got to laugh right along with me for a while. 


Little Sister: "I think he wants this hat.  But if its on his head, he will just take it off and eat it."


Big Sister: "Miss B, are you going to have only one kid?  Because I think you should have more than one kid.  Not just one.  I think you should have a boy AND a girl.  You should pray for a girl if that's what you want."  You got it, sister.

Little Sister: "How many times is [Newbie] going to drop that cup?!?  He keeps doing it!" This one really had me rolling because I was wondering the same thing about her and her sippy cup this time last year when I was 8 months pregnant bending over to pick it up at lunchtime.


Big Sister: "Miss B, I remember when you told me, 'I don't want to see those eyes roll again.'  I still do that. See?  Watch." (Commence epic eye roll)  Well, at least she remembered.  =)  I wish the Hubs had been there to hear that one; he would have gotten a kick out of it because I am queen of the eye roll.  Ha!


Little Sister: "Why do you guys keep singing things and I don't?  It huwts my ears."


Classic.  And I loved every last bit of it.  I couldn't help but think of this time last year when I spent my days with these same sweet girls and Newbie, except that Newbie's feet hadn't hit the planet yet, and I was the size of a house.  I have to say, picking up toys was a lot easier today than it was this time last year!

These two cracked me up. Big Sister had a blast trying to make Newbie belly laugh, and he thought she was the cat's pajamas.  She made him laugh from the tips of his toes all day long. It was hilarious.  She is the sweetest little mother hen, and it was such fun to watch her dote on him.




And these two had me busting a gut too because they're slightly closer in age, and I think it was just enough to spark some confrontation...Newbie kept trying to take her toys, and she didn't think that was funny.  Bless her heart,  Little Sister was a good sport, but each time Newbie swiped a toy, she'd look at him and grimace as he stuck it into his slobbery little mouth.  She's so spunky and fun, it was funny to see her stop in the middle of something to make a disgruntled face and exclaim, "EWW! He eated it!"  I promised her he'd be more fun to play with when he was a little bit bigger. =) Here's the swiper in action:


I owe their mama a big thank you for taking off for the day, because Newbie and I had such a good time hanging out with these girls!  The three of them kept me on my toes, but it was certainly a day well spent.  =)

 Hope you all had a good start to the week!

1 comment: