Let's take it from the top.
Last night before leaving my mom's house, I had to LITERALLY dig my car out of the snow. DIG it out. My wrists and back and abs (who knew they were even there?!?) took an absolute BEATING.
Today I caved and bought a ridiculous amount of baby food at the grocery store because
Then this afternoon, Blizzard 2011 Cabin Fever set in, and I swear, I had no choice but to completely rearrange two of the rooms in my house after the Hubs took off for work. It was rearrange or go on a chocolate binge, and I decided with spring around the corner, rearranging was the best way to go. This involved swapping out two too-heavy couches and heaving them into opposite rooms only after unscrewing the legs on each couch, and then screwing the legs back on once everything was in place WITH MY HANDS. The rooms look marvelous, but my wrists? They feel like jello. A good wrist does not replace a good power drill. Noted.
I probably don't need to tell you that I have gotten my fill of productivity today, what with the grocery shopping and the rearranging, and now I have big plans to sit in the new and improved play room with a good movie while Newbie explores all corners of the earth and dumps at least 13 toys in each. I may toss in a load of laundry or two, but there are no promises, because I'm pretty sure laundry requires the use of my wrists which are currently out of order.
There's nothing quite like a Blizzard 2011 to really force you to snuggle up and cozy down. As I write that, I'm reminded of my friend who is fleeing the coop and heading for Mexico with her hubby tomorrow. She called me and ask for beach book suggestions while I sat on the floor next to the radiator, wrapped in eight layers, numb wrists hanging at my sides. I was tempted to hold my recommendations hostage until she put me in her suitcase, but I decided that with these jello jiggler wrists, I wouldn't be able to hold a book out on the beach, much less a margarita, and what would be the point of going to Mexico if I couldn't hold a book or a margarita? So instead I told her to buy Cold Tangerines and I'm hoping she enjoys the sunshine for me, because I'll just be sitting here with numb wrists and chattering teeth until she gets back.
And maybe I'll eat some snow ice cream. Because I made snow ice cream for the first time yesterday, and it was delicious. We're talking maybe even worth the sub arctic temperatures and having to bail my car out of a snow mountain, delicious. Not really. But the fluffy vanilla sweetness of snow ice cream certainly provided some consolation for the Blizzard we endured.
Don't think I wasn't going to share some of that ice cream with the dog gang, because I did. After all, nobody likes to be buried in snow over their heads while using the bathroom, and that's exactly what those mutts had been through each trip outside after about 9 o'clock Tuesday night. They deserved to see the brighter side of snow too.
Mmm...
I don't mind a good snow day every now and again. It's the perfect excuse to play in your pajamas all day without feeling guilty.
Now, since we're still buried alive in snow around here, I'm going to go put on my pajamas and play. Hope you all enjoy a warm and cozy day!
*Quick update on Newbie's case of The Croup for all the grandparents and great-grandparents reading =) He's looking a lot better today, though he still sounds like a Walrus choking on a banana when he coughs. Poor little guy! No fever for a while now, so I'm hoping he's on the up and up. Still not sleeping well at night, but he's definitely got more spunk today than he's had this week. Thanks for the prayers! =)





First of all, I feel honored to have made the blog...even if it wasn't the most endearing paragraph youv'e ever written about me.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, calling you for a book suggestion was only pay-back for when I once had to read the following while I was stuck here at home:
http://sprinklesandwrinkles.blogspot.com/2009/09/good-to-last-drop.html
Thirdly(thirdly??), I will miss you and your little blog. Does it mean I have a problem if I am legitmately worried about not having blog access while on vay-kay???
Fourthly (Yes, I said it), Don't freeze to death while I am gone ;) (ha!!)
Love ya!