It's a rainy day here with lots of snow in the forecast. I'm kinda bummed because I was hoping since its mid-January and we haven't seen any snow that we might be able to just skip over winter this year and jump right into spring. No deal.
With the promise of snow on the horizon, and on the heels of a busy week out and about, Newbie and I are hanging out at home today. The Hubs was here this morning so we played hockey in the living room and poured over more paint samples before he took off for the day.
After he left, Newbie and I ate grilled cheese and tomato soup then folded some laundry. Big day around here, folks. To really spice things up, we busted out the paints that Santa brought three weeks ago. Momma hasn't been brave enough to pull them out until today. With nowhere to go, the potential for a mid-morning bath gave me the courage to pull out the paints and let Newbie go to town.
And go to town he did:
That was his first picture. Five pieces of construction paper and two paper plates later, he was a rainbow of colors and begging for "more paint! more paint!" I finally lured him away with the promise of getting to wash his hands with soap if we got down from the table. It doesn't take much around here. =)
Wishing you all a very happy Thursday!
Momma - When you asked him what he was painting -you didn't understand, he said "Airplane" as plain as day...twice.
ReplyDeleteWhat a smart little guy, knew all the colors!!
Love that cutie a bushel and a peck.
XXOO Great Grandma P.