Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Nunning Oarsss and Our New Hooowse

Today Newbie and I made a Target run.  A desperate Target run because he got some huge cardboard building blocks for Christmas and they have been floating all around the living room with no home for two weeks. It was driving. me. batty.  We scored a six dollar tub, a bottle of water, and a toy horse from the dollar spot, then hit the road.

The horse is posed to look like he's running and as we pulled out of the parking lot, Newbie altered between "neeeeeeigh!" and "oarsss nunning!"  (horse running).  It took me a while to figure out the translation on that last part. "Nunning?" I didn't even know he knew what "running" was.  Baby genius, man.

On our way back, we decided to stop by our "new hooowse" to take a gander.  Its not far from my parents and easy to do a drive by.

I think this looks good, don't you?
We're still waiting to hear back on the addendum we sent, but our realtor isn't worried and since she rocks, I'm not too worried either.  I'm ready to sign those papers and bust into that bad boy loaded down with paintbrushes and a trillion Pinterest projects.

It isn't official official yet, but when you see a "Sold" sign complete with smiley face, you start to feel like that house is pretty much yours. =)

In other news, we've hit a horrendous bedtime/sleep schedule that I'm deeming the Sleepless Saga.  Newbie is teething like a shark (Do sharks teethe?  Don't they have like, three rows of teeth or something? It works, right?) and has been SUPER clingy.  Mommy everything.  EVERYTHING.  So he is not going to bed on his own, and won't sleep through the night.  CONFESSION: he's been snoozing in bed with us in the wee hours of the morning because I'm 13 weeks pregnant, and I CAN'T TAKE THE DRAMA.  Yes, I know I'm only reinforcing the clingy-ness.  Yes, I know it will be a nightmare to get him sleeping on his own once we move to our new house in a few weeks.  But, OH THE DRAMA.  I decided I'll take the hit on the transition when we move and do whatever it takes to get some sleep now because chances are, if we fight the saga now, we'll just be fighting it again in three weeks.  That may be pregnancy-brain logic talking, but I'm ok with it.

If nothing else, the enormous amount of caps lock going on in that last paragraph should convince you of the intensity of the situation. DRAMA.

Also, I'm reading The Hunger Games, and I cannot put them down.  I can't even say that I actually like the books.  There's a lot of blood.  Not my style.  I'm a flowers and ice cream and happy ending kind of girl. It's just that I have GOT to know what's going to happen. I MUST.  Also, I think Peeta is a cool name, so I've got to stick with it.  (Don't worry- its not on the baby name list.  It would be right up there with Beatrice or Hagness for the Hubs.  Ain't gonna happen.) I don't know what any of this has to do with the Sleepless Saga, but I felt inclined to toss it in here because the Sleepless Saga stresses me out and so do these books and there you have it, a connection.

I'm off to stalk Pinterest some more and try to figure out what color to paint the 1/2 bath, then I'll probably find a copy of Book Three and find out what is going to happen.  Because I MUST.  You know, just in case you wanted the play-by-play of the next hour or so.

Wishing you all a happy Wednesday full of sleep and free of sagas!

No comments:

Post a Comment