Just about as soon as she walked in the door, my doctor pulled out the doppler and said, "Ok! Let's hear a heartbeat!" She surfed the surface of my growing belly with the doppler for just a few moments, listening to the thump thump thump of my heart until she stopped at the sound of a teeny tiny, hearty little swoosh swoosh swoosh swoosh. Sweetest sound I've ever heard!
Little Baby's heart was racing away at almost double the speed of my own, and I couldn't stop smiling. Thank you Lord! I whispered as we listened. 155. Heart rate of 155, and everything sounds great! Praise Jesus! I am so so so thankful and feel so refreshed this morning after getting to listen in on our little wonder and hear what she or he was up to. The Hubs and I just can't stop talking about God's goodness in watching over our littlest little and about how excited we are at the thought of getting to hold this little one on this side of Heaven. We are tasting and seeing (and hearing!) that the Lord is good- though He always remains the same- it is such fun to experience His goodness in the anticipation of meeting this little one when we had to say goodbye to our last so early. We're enjoying every moment over here in our neck of the woods.
Speaking of enjoying every moment...have you read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp? I'm about three quarters of the way through, and oh, the things this woman is teaching me! I am loving it. It took me some time to get used to her writing style, but by three chapters in I was hooked, and I'm telling you, this book is a game changer. God has been molding me and shaping me a lot in the past several months, and this book is coming right alongside His teaching in my life. I am adoring everything about what Ann has written, and drinking up a chapter each day. I think I may be tempted to turn right back to the first page and re-read it when I get to the last! It is phenomenal.
And with a fabulous Baby update and a wonderful book recommendation, I'm off to snuggle down and catch the tail-end of some Baby Einstein with Newbie before we crash for a nap. =)
Happy Tuesday!
Brittany, I'm so glad all is going well with your littlest little...just wanted to say I am pretty sure we go to the same doctor's office...I see Dr. Klyn and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE her AND that office and even love the girlyness of it! Hope all continues to go and grow well with you and your little.
ReplyDeleteIn Christ,
Erin Studer