
(He is obsessed with the rug on the floor...I bought it to go in our new kitchen, and he always wants it laid out so he can run around on it in his room- "wug? wug?!" Too funny!)
Because Daddy's car wouldn't start so he took mine and we are marooned here at GiGi Island.
(Wouldn't it be nice if the pictures I took were in focus? Yeah, I know.)
Somebody loved it.




Speaking of my boy, I've been so busy with the house and so busy not blogging that I've failed to keep good track of our little man's latest and greatest. He has been talking a ton, so brace yourself because the following few paragraphs are in lieu of that baby book I never fill out...
Two weeks ago when Newbie woke up from his nap, I walked in and said, "I love you, big boy!" to which he replied (are you sitting down?) "wuv ooo too, Mommy". I melted to the floor and thought I'd never recover. We had been practicing the "I love you"'s, but this was the first voluntary, no-strings-attached "I love you". And I still haven't gotten over it. He's doling out a lot of "wuv ooo's" lately- before bed, before someone leaves for work- but let's not forget who got the first one, yes? =)
Newbie is obsessed with chocolate milk. "Cha la milk?" is what we hear any time I ask him what he wants to drink. We put less than a centimeter of chocolate milk in the bottom of a sippy cup and fill the rest with milk. Homie hasn't caught on- probably because that's the way we rock it with juice and any other fun beverage over here. Newbie's two favorite juices: "Gan-Dad's juice" (orange juice) and "boo juice" (a wicked awesome blueberry juice with pomegranate and apple that I occasionally steal a swig of).
"Daddy pay hockey, peas?" Oh my lands. The Hubs and I almost fell over when Newbie said this yesterday. The Hubs dropped his bowl of cereal on the counter, leaving the Cheerios to die in a soggy mess, and went right over to play hockey, because how to you turn down a little person asking you to "pay hockey, peas?" He is all over the "pay now?" but this was the first full sentence with "play" and we were thrilled.
My personal favorite is when he talks about the dogs. Its just hilarious. "Opie bowl here?" "Diffin eat ninner?" "OPIE, COME! COME!" (complete with back bent, slapping his own thigh). This kid keeps me in stitches. He's also all over the cat, Bailey, and is always trying to hunt her down upstairs. Poor girl has finally caught onto the game and usually goes running when she hears Newbie make it up the stairs. Ha!
"Snnnno!" Newbie squeals this anytime he looks out the window. We're big fans of the white stuff this year.

"Wobber Sobber". It's his word for any word he doesn't know. Me: "What did you say? Where is it you want to go?" Newbie: [points across the room] "Wobber sobber." Oh, sure, wobber sobber. How did I not catch that the first time? We have tried for weeks to figure out what it means, and finally realized he uses it when he's not sure what to call something. I'm sure it'll be a running family joke once Newbie gets older and can articulate more vocabulary. "Hey, Honey, I know you called and asked me to stop at the store, but I can't find those wobber sobbers you asked for. What did you need again?" Awesome.
Last but not least, we never stop hearing about Chicago around here. "R in Ti-tago?" Newbie pulls this one out any and everywhere. Its so random, but he's always asking if R (my uncle who was visiting here over Christmas) is in Chicago. He is, that's where he lives, so we always respond with a "yep, he's in Chicago". Last night my mom and I left for a while and the Hubs did bath time and bedtime with Newbie. When I got home, he said Newbie was asking about "Ti-tago" all night long, including a "Mommy and GiGi in Ti-tago?" Ba hahahahaha! He's recently added a "Too-Tee i' in sez-sas" (Mutte is in Texas), so there's no telling when he's going to start thinking anyone who leaves the house may have ventured off to Texas. What a riot.
Well, I have to rock and roll because Newbie's up from his nap, and its time to pull some serious magic out of my hat. We still have another five hours in these four walls alone before anyone will be home to entertain us, what with being marooned here without a car and all. Wobber sobber.

Isaac used to have a phrase - "Scorch-i-dizz-it". He said it for probably over a year. And each time, it was while he was making a motion like he had a sword. One magical night, we ran across Shreck 2 on TV. There's one line in there about 'crossing scorching desserts' and Isaac says, "Scorch-i-dizz-it!". Yup. For an entire year, he was quoting Shreck and we never knew it. We actually had that movie & had watched it a few times, but it was way down on the movie priority list, so we would've never figured it out had it not been on TV! That's one I have yet to write down in the baby book, too...
ReplyDelete