Thursday, January 19, 2012

Looks like I graduated after all...hooray!

Last night I grabbed a memory card I found on the computer desk and stuck it in my camera hoping there was some space on it to take a few shots of our morning today. When I got online this afternoon to upload the pictures I took of our day, I ran into an archive of long lost photographs. My college graduation. Four years ago. I have been looking for these for YEARS, lamenting the fact that they are the only pictures we have of my College of Education ceremony, and therefore the only evidence that I actually graduated outside of the degree that is still waiting in a manilla folder for a fancy frame (Aunt C-Dog, could you and your fancy framing certification get on that?=]) 

Hallelujah. It looks like I graduated with a degree in education after all!
 
There were times when I wondered if all the portfolio making and lesson planning and student teaching nightmares were all a dream. So happy to see it wasn't a figment of my imagination. =)

Moving on...

This morning we went out for a celebratory breakfast. It was FREEZING cold outside. Like, put Newbie in his car seat and make three different trips inside for more layers, blankets, hats, and gloves before we finally started scraping the snow off the car and headed down the driveway. It. was. COLD.

Newbie is such a charmer at restaurants. He is always so excited and asks for "colors" (crayons) right away. We've been really spoiled since we sold our house, eating out far more often than we ever, ever do since we have a little more cash flow what without a house payment and all. Newbie has had his fair share of chocolate milk in big boy cups lately. He is ALL over that cup like stupid on Opie. (Sorry, was that not kind? I can't help it. He almost ripped my leggings today, so he is not on my happy list.)
 

Do you like my massive crocheted ear warmer? The Hubs gave it to me for Christmas because my ears are ridiculously sensitive to the cold. Like, feel as if they are going to explode with the slightest drop in temperature sensitive. What a thoughtful, good-looking man I've got.
We went to the house after breakfast, but I'm going to break it to you fast- like a bandaid: I did not take any pictures. I was too busy choraling Newbie away from the carpet guy's tape measure and pulling down lacy curtains that were stiff with 40 years of dust. Pictures to come, I promise.

The Hubs took off for work from there, and on our way home, Newbie and I stopped at the hardware store to get my man a metal snow shovel, per his request. Let me tell you something: metal snow shovels weigh a billion pounds. I felt like an Olympic lifter hauling that sucker through the store, big metal blade over one shoulder, Newbie on the opposite hip. Why did nobody offer to carry the billion pound shovel for the pregnant lady with the squirmy toddler? COME ON! You're killin' me, Smalls. I finally made it out of there, hoisted Newbie into his car seat, hoisted the shovel into the back of the truck, and swore I was never going to shop at the hardware store alone again. It is really no place for a pregnant woman on the edge anyway.

When we got home, Newbie spotted a "TIE-ANG-GULL!" on the floor. He said it five times before I realized he had found a sliver of light in the kitchen that left a triangle on the wood. Baby genius, man.
I whipped up some lunch for my little sidekick, then we climbed the stairs so momma could blog and Newbie could catch a pre-naptime Curious George episode. Check out who greeted us in the computer room:
Somebody shot right to the top of the Naughty List and it wasn't Opie. Or me. Newbie started crying because that's what he does anytime he realizes one of the dogs ate something awesome. Like a binky or a little blue sippy cup. Oh, the drama. Good thing we're headed to the store this afternoon. Number one on the list is an awesome blue cup replacement.

Wow. Has this been the longest post ever? I'll get on with it. It's time for nap over here, and it ain't only Newbie that benefits from a few afternoon z's.

Hope your Thursday is good to the last drop!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love reading your blog, even though I talk to you on the regular. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaa! LOVED this post! :) You SERIOUSLY crack me up with the way you painted that picture of you + baby bump + Newbie on the hip + billion pound snow shovel! Haaa! Also, I LOVE that ear warmers! Way to go hubs!!! Also, also, hubs hair is getting long... Suits him well! I like! :) OH! and the triangle!?!?! WHAT THE WHAT!!? That is genius!

    ReplyDelete