Wednesday, January 18, 2012
A trip through the 70's on the horizon...
What. a. whirlwind.
I haven't posted in ages because:
a) I am such a slacker with uploading pictures- and who wants to read a ton of posts with no pictures?
b) We've been visiting paint stores and flooring places until my eyeballs were ready to roll right out of my head...super busy.
c) Newbie is talking like crazy, and its a lot harder to sit at the computer and blog when he comes up to me and asks, "Mommy pay now? Mommy pay peas?" I mean, really? How do you say no when a curly-haired toddler asks you if you will come and play instead?
But I put a pause on everything to jump on the blog and announce that the Hubs and I are officially homeowners!
We closed on our house today(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and could not be more excited! We are so so so grateful for God's timing in providing this house for us and just for His faithfulness in meeting our needs. He is so so good!
We're going out to breakfast tomorrow to celebrate, then we're hanging out at the house for the morning while the carpet guy comes to get some measurements, and Newbie runs in and out of his bedroom and Baby's nursery yelling "BIIIIIIG HOUSE". He's been really into giving "biiig hugs" lately, and today when we stopped by the house after closing to try out the garage door opener and celebrate, his "hug" turned into "house" as he ran from room to room. Too funny.
Anyway, while we're there tomorrow I'm going to take lots of "before" pictures and plan to post them later in the afternoon. So brace yourselves for some pretty intense 70's MADNESS. Green carpet? Sure! Teal carpet? Absolutely! Pink carpet? You can bet your bottom dollar! Brown wicker toilet seat? Do you really think we'd hold out on that?! We got it all, baby.
We have our work cut out for us, but its going to be fun to see the transformation happen over the next few weeks and several months to follow. I'll share each step of the way on the blog- it should be a good time! We have to start with the plastic kitchen cabinets and the faded shag carpet...but I promise it won't stay that way. =)
I'm exhausted tonight. I think the stress and anticipation of working through all the details of purchasing a house have finally come crashing in on me. This momma is going to shoot for an early bedtime tonight- if only I can get Newbie to play along!
Be back soon with some 70's swag. Wishing you all a very happy Wednesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment