Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ChIcAgO iS mY kInD oF tOwN

This weekend the Bossman and I are headed out to Chicago with my sister and his brother, who were betrothed last month and are getting married next June, creating an incredibly small family tree and what MutteAnn labeled as "an absolute nightmare for your geneologist in years to come." Following the recent engagement,the FIL (father-in-law, of course!) agreed with MutteAnn, coining our predicament "the family totem pole" rather than the family tree. Apparently, there are some doubts as to the challenge two sisters marrying two brothers will present when attempting to fill in the "Family Tree" section of our future children's baby books, but the Bossman and I are super excited for our sister-sister-in-law and brother-in-law-brother and are determined to love the siblings and every last bit of their crazy.

As I was saying, we're headed to Chicago this weekend to give our dear Uncle a ride home from this week's family gathering and plan to stay in the Windy City for the night. Because this summer has held very few vacations outside of our weekly trips to the great lakes, we're currently brainstorming all the things we want to cram into our 24-hour Chicago marathon. While searching for Field Museum Pirate Exhibit tickets online, I ran into THIS tantalizing tourist attraction and am seriously considering the potential fun and irreplaceable memories involved in pursuing this as the main event of our weekend in Frank Sinatra's kind of town:


(http://chicago.timeout.com/export_images/sg06/sg06.ft.chicago3.jpg)

If you've got a better item to place on the Chicago Itinerary for this weekend, I'm open to suggestions. However, I must say, considering the fact that a segway was Gob's main source of transportation (honk if you know what I'm talking about!) for the three seasons of a newly discovered sitcom the Bossman and I watched while cooped up inside all winter long, the segway tour of Chicago is going to be a hard act to follow. We spent countless nights under 80 pounds of warm blankets while the snow was falling outside glued to the television wondering what it would be like to actually drive/ride/walk/scoot? one of those things around town like it was actually an acceptable form of transportation.

So chime in if you've got some ideas- but consider yourself warned: chances are this weekend Sprinkles and Wrinkles will be sporting pictures of four Chicago tourists on Segways in front of the ferris wheel at Navy Pier.

All we need now are fanny packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment