This new gadget is additionaly in part due to the fact that I just finished reading an incredibly humbling novel by Patricia McCormick that I must share with you. I swallowed this book whole in 48 hours and find that my heart is just aching for women who share the tragedy of this story. The novel is beautifully written in a series of short poems and is a quick, though heavy, read that has pushed me to be in prayer for women at risk across the world. A story like Sold puts life in perspective and makes me so grateful for organizations like Women At Risk International (warinernational.org) whose mission is to "offer a safe place to turn crisis into a story of hope by wrapping arms of love and whispering the message of worth." Ministries like WAR International allow one to read a novel like Sold and then do something to help those whose stories squeeze your heart til it aches. Sold is definitely on my list of recommended adult summer reading, and WAR International's WAR Chest is definitely on my list of recommended summer shopping. =)
If you've read any of the books under "Sprinkles & Wrinkles Book Club" please comment and let me know what you thought! And I'd love to hear of any books you've read that have made it to your "Recommended Summer Reading" list! =)

Next book on the shelf: Crazy Love by Francis Chan..."a book about being overwhelmed by a relentless God." I'll let you know how it goes. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment