I was out all weekend enjoying the sunshine until this morning, when a white squall hit, and I subsequently lay on the floor in the fetal position crying and wondering when the Epic Thaw will come and stay for good.
My poor Irises. They popped their heads up out of the flower beds this weekend, and this morning I could do nothing but mourn what is sure to be the loss of them seeing as how they're now buried under 6 inches of snow that won't melt until June. Tragedy.
In other news, the cocoa butter lied to me. I have been slathering it on in gobs since I got pregnant in hopes of avoiding those darn stinking marks that must not be named. And Friday night I found three itty bitty little darn stinking marks that must not be named and cried a lot more than a little because of all the effort it took to see around my belly til I found them and all the pain-staking slathering that has gone to waste on account of that lying cocoa butter.
Wow. Did I really just admit that on my blog? Motherhood is so glamorous.
Anyway, all cocoa butter trauma aside, I had a great weekend. The Hubs spent Saturday snowboarding with his little cuz while my mom and I went shopping. Mom and I hit the mall where a devastating event occurred at the Clinique counter. I have been living out of a dried out and empty bottle of foundation for a week, so I decided it was time to hit the makeup section of Macy's before I crawled into the stove and stayed there due to lack of self esteem and an incredibly blotchy face going on a full seven days. I was ecstatic to hit up the Clinique counter for my much needed foundation. And as I asked the woman for my foundation in Pure Ivory 01,(the lightest shade known to man) I came crashing down from my "today is make-up day!!!" high. Hard. The foundation I have used for 12 years has been discontinued. WHAT?!?!?! She was lucky it was free pretzel day at Auntie Anne's, otherwise there might have been a scene. Fortunately, I was full of my pretzel and about 3/4 of my mom's, so I reluctantly asked for and purchased her next best recommendation. So far I'm not loving it. It's on trial until further notice.
Sorry for just spending an entire paragraph recounting my foundation troubles, but a girl's gotta have her make-up.
Moving right along...the mall trip was redeemed when a case of "I love to shop for my grandson" hit my mom as soon as we walked into the Children's Place. She went nuts and came out with a great stash of stuff for my little man, including some adorable swim trunks with matching t-shirt that I just can't wait to take him out to the beach in.
Ah, the beach.
After the mall, Mom and I went home and had a delicious steak dinner with the Hubs and my dad. We had a blast hanging out with them- it had been a long time since we were able to stop by and hang out for a while. Opie loved it too. His grandparents gave him two doses of a peanut butter filled Kong, and though he paid dearly for it the next day, he lived like a king Saturday night.
Well, I'm off to an afternoon of nannying and an evening of sloppy joes and 24...Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment