Monday, February 8, 2010

Mmm...Mmm...Super

Our friends J&L invited us over to watch the Super Bowl at their house this year. I had great intentions of whipping out some seriously good homemade appetizers, but after a busy morning at Church, I decided to forgo the cooking and take a nap. A preggo's gotta do what a preggo's gotta do. I had a master plan in my back pocket- if I stopped by the store on our way over, I could still grab the ingredients for a few appetizers and just heat them up in L's kitchen. So after waking up from my nap, we went to the store on our way out of town. Usually procrastination works out relatively well for me. Its just kinda the way I roll sometimes. Then I realized our little local grocery store didn't have what I needed for the price I wanted. And I began to reconsider the "friend" I had in procrastination. Back-stabber. So I decided to keep it classy and went with this never-failing combo:

I guess that's what happens when you ask the pregnant lady to bring some food.

Good thing L is a champ in the kitchen- she had a smorgasbord of appetizers and goodies for us and even whipped up the sausages I was planning on making with ingredients from her fridge. YUM. On a side note, any time I ask the Hubs to smile for the camera within a 70 foot radius of food, he stuffs something edible in his mouth and then smiles. I've given up taking a Round 2 picture. Ya git what ya git and ya don't throw a fit.

I spent a good part of the night grabbing this little guy and kissing him til his face just about fell off.

He really knew how to work the crowd. After his dinner, we all dug into the appetizers and he made his way up and down the couch begging for some guac with those big blue eyes. What a charmer.

I also found the fact that he appeared to appreciate my Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies rather endearing. Especially after the Hubs shared his preference for popcorn over the Little Debbies. At least somebody thought I made the right choice.

We had a super fun night watching those one guys play those other guys. Just kidding. I know who played. When you are the daughter of a major football fan, you just learn to keep track of those things so as to avoid confrontation. You also learn not to walk in front of the TV screen during the game if you value your hiney or your ears. Important life lessons if you're the offspring of, or marrying, a sports fan, folks. But I really didn't have a lot of stock in the game since my Packers and Cowboys didn't make it. I was there for the food. And the commercials with beavers and violins and cute horses racing their long lost longhorn buddies.

Speaking of beavers and violins, I am taking on the Beast today. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment