Monday, February 1, 2010

I need to rent a Princess Leia costume.

Today was a good day.

I bought groceries.

I fed the dog.

I cleaned the house.

I unloaded the dishwasher.

I took out the trash.

Then I got the mail.

Oh no.

Judicial Circuit?!?

Oh no. It's probably from those animal police on TLC. They know about how I sprayed Opie with a water gun because I didn't have a tazer yesterday when he started to rip up the ottoman. Sheesh.

Or it's from the cashier at the grocery store today. She turned me in for buying vanilla yogurt covered raisins instead of the cereal my husband asked for.

I knew I had it coming.

I opened the letter.

Woohoo! They don't know about the water gun. And the lady at the grocery store isn't a tattle tale. They just want me to report for jury duty.

On my son's due date.

When I read the letter my face got hot, and my hands got sweaty, and I had an instant fantasy of dressing up as Princess Leia just like Liz Lemon did on that episode of 30 Rock to avoid jury duty.


"And I don't really think it's fair for me to be on a jury because I'm a hologram..."

So I need to rent a Princess Leia costume. It's the only solution I can see to this problem. I just can't believe I'd make a good juror with these pregnancy hormones bringing out all my crazy.

Or I could just call to postpone the date.

Not sure which plan I'll go with, but in the meantime, I'm going to go toss in a load of laundry and down a few vanilla yogurt covered raisins. Maybe see if I can get a couple side buns going with my hair too.

Princess Leia, over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny. Your blog reads like a good chick lit novel and I mean that as a compliment. IMO having a baby is a good excuse to get out of jury duty.

    ReplyDelete