This is the thought that has been running through my head this week each time I looked at the number of weeks between the current date and my sweet little baby's due date. Little man, April 15th is a long ways away. Please feel free to come before Easter.
My biggest concern is where on earth this baby is going to go. My belly has stretched to the limit, and this kiddo is sure to be chilling out in my throat by my due date. There's just no where else to hang out in there. No vacancy, folks. None at all.
A friend at church who we haven't seen in a while came up to the Hubs and I this morning and said, "I just had to come over and see how you're doing. You're getting so BIG! I mean, you really are. Are you sure the due date is right? I mean, you're just so big! Do you really think you'll go another 6 weeks?" All "are you seriously saying this stuff to a pregnant lady?!?" aside, she speaks the truth. 6 more weeks? Really?!? That's what I'm screamin'.
In other news, I can barely get out of bed on my own anymore. Which is all well and good when the Hubs is up and getting ready for work before my alarm goes off. But its not my favorite game on those middle of the night bathroom runs. I have seriously fantasized about keeping a crane or some sort of bungee system hanging from the ceiling by the side of the bed to help alleviate this problem. OK, I haven't really fantasized about that. But I probably will now. Because it sounds like a darn good idea.
Also, I'm a dragon. A fire breathing dragon who chugs Tums from the bottle at least 3 times a day. And the Mongolian BBQ birthday dinner tonight is sure to help in this department. I am going to start commissioning my mom to buy Tums from Costco.
All hugeness and heart burn aside, this part of pregnancy is a lot of fun. I said, "hugeness and heart burn aside." Let's not over look that, because massively pregnant isn't exactly the way I prefer to spend the first glimpses at the spring/summer catalogs. Shorts?!? Tank tops?!? Swimsuits?!? They're going to exist this year?!? Are you sure?!? Besides my weekly "swimsuit season will soon be upon us" meltdowns, this portion of my pregnancy is a blast because I can feel my sweet little baby twisting and wiggling inside of me like he's never done before. He's a mover and a shaker these days, and it is SO much fun to feel his little head swoosh against my hand or his back curve into a somersault. It's actually hard to say which body part is which when he's grooving around, but I like to make up explanations for what he's doing. I'm sure I've often labeled his foot his head or his back his wrist. I keep telling the Hubs x-ray vision would be seriously cool at this point. I'd love to see what he's doing in there all day. Super fun!
The Hubs and I are pretty convinced this little squirt is going to make an early appearance. Though we're torn because the Hubber's parents will be out of town the week before our sweet boy's due date, we're anxious to meet him, and I'm seriously doubting my body's ability to pull off these Stretch Armstrong moves much longer. In a moment of extreme ambition, the Hubs declared we may even meet him by St. Patrick's Day. To which I began to have a meltdown. Because my bags are not packed, the laundry isn't done, the carpet isn't clean, we don't have a stroller or a car seat, we still need some newborn pj's, I don't know which slippers to bring with me to the hospital, and St. Patrick's Day is only 2 weeks away. The Hubs may not be rooting for St. Patty's day anymore. Because who wants to deal with that level of hormonal crazy? We're shooting for Easter. Maybe a little before. And I'm in denial of my mother's sound advice: "Just plan on 42 weeks. Then you won't be a bit disappointed when he shows up a few days after your due date." Nah, I'd rather live in denial and plan on him being here by Easter. A week and a half early. Might not be asking too much considering the lack of room the little man is going to have in here by then. We'll see.
And a few 33 week pictures to remind me why Jillian Micheals is going to be my best friend post-pregnancy:



Opie's a big fan of loving the baby bump lately. He licks my belly like crazy. Not sure if he's kissing his little bro or if he's cleaning up the crumbs that inevitably land on my belly these days. I'm sticking with the kissing theory. Because otherwise I'm going to have to start wearing a bib when I eat.
Off to Mongolian BBQ for my Bro-in-law's b-day celebration. Hope you had a great weekend!
Okay, a few thoughts here, dear. First, you are not huge. I was much bigger, I promise. You look beautiful. And 2nd...I will be in 3rd trimester during the summer - I'm not sure which situation is worse; yours or mine! :) And third, this maybe TMI, but my favorite slippers got ruined during labor/delivery, so as far as that debate goes, take your lease fav ones, and if you use the birthing ball after your water is broke, just take the slippers off! :)
ReplyDeletebritt- those pics are lovely! i think you look great and i'm hoping for an after-april-8 bday since i'll be gone. I'm impressed by the syrup-making, too, by the way!
ReplyDelete