Monday, March 1, 2010

Portrait of a Hero Husband

-Forfeits his warm-up run to go on a walk and enjoy the chilly sunshine with his wife and insane puggle.

-Puts off his workout even longer to help me give Opie a bath...and even carries the sopping wet puppy downstairs to dry off so the little fur ball doesn't run around upstairs soaking everything in sight.

-Declares the spaghetti pie I made worthy of the Dinner Rotation List ("Put this on your list, Honey!") regardless of the cheese on top, so badly burned that it had to be lifted off like a piece of sheet rock before we could dig in.

-Offers to make our weekly grocery run solo at 8 pm tonight so I can shower, rest, and prop my feet-of-recent-near-cankle-status up.

-Waits patiently as I walk him through each item on the grocery list, explaining which brand and how much- even though he's always with me when we go grocery shopping and he knows exactly what to get.

-Smiles and promises to oblige when I point to "Popsicles" on the list and explain, "I want something with lots of red and purple in it. But it can be different than the ones we had last week. Something you like too. But still yummy. And not as fatty as ice cream so I don't feel as guilty."

-Before leaving for the store, gives me a kiss and promises to be home in time for 24.
-Looks up from his video game to tell me I'm beautiful despite the ** extra pounds that are forcing me to waddle my way through the world lately. (Please note: I am officially ignorant to how much I've actually gained since I became pregnant. Ha! I'm just planning on adding it all up in the end- kind of like a surprise. =] I gave up keeping track of how much I gained after February hit and I fell in love with Dairy Queen all over again. At this point, I'm just counting on my OB to tell me whether I am in the clear or if I need to send in an audition tape to The Biggest Loser.=])

He's really bit the bullet for me today.

My man is such a stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment