This week I've spent a lot of time thinking about spring and summer. We've been blessed with sunshine like we haven't seen since August, and it's been a real happy booster.
I can't wait for all the snow to melt and stay gone until November. I have plans. big plans. Big plans with my man and my baby and my dog.
Plant lots of flowers in my backyard.
Celebrate my sister's late June wedding.
Go camping up on the Lake where the Hubs and I love to spend long summer weekends.
Stay at a cottage on the Lake with my family.
Go to the beach. A lot. A whole lot.
Take Opie for various walks and hopefully burn off the winter fat rolls...his and mine. (This is a good time to note the Hubs has been working out each night since December and now weighs less than he did when we got married. He's shedding the flab and amping up the muscles, and I keep begging him to please stop and wait until after our son is born because I can't stand that Opie and I are the only ones scarfing down the calories and paying for every last one these days. He won't listen. Ugg.)
Go to the beach.
Grill out. Every night. Hamburgers, bbq chicken, corn on the cob...I can't wait.
Eat some cotton candy and a funnel cake at the summer fair.
Get bitten by mosquitoes. I actually miss them. Sick, I know. But 5 months of snow will do that to you.
Swim.
Go to the beach.
Wear flip flops.
Wear skirts.
Neglect to wear enough sunscreen.
Snap green beans on the front porch. I love doing that.
Go to the zoo.
Have a picnic.
Swing.
Go to the beach.
...I keep wondering what kind of challenges diapers and late nights will present to my spring/summer plans. I can't help but think it will just make it all the more fun. I am so excited for the coming change in seasons. I'm looking forward to moving on from being newlyweds to parents and from winter to spring. The sunshine outside is just a reminder that its right around the corner, and I just can't wait!
PS-Entirely off subject. Chili's was a massive dissapointment. The menu has taken a turn for the worse, and the Hubs and I are in agreement that if it wasn't for that perfectly minced salsa, we'd never return. Chicken Crispers- you are nothing but sorrow and crumbly fried grease to me now. Salads- go back to the shredded lettuce bag in the produce section where you belong. Corn- I have never experienced anything more mushy. In the words of one of my fave bloggers, I was chawed. Just absolutely chawed.
please invite me over for corn on the cob on the grill!! and then we can take a walk with our babies to the zoo
ReplyDelete