
...while I lay passed out on the couch. Opie's face in this picture totally captures my daily plight: "Please, just let me lay here!" I had no idea the last stretch of pregnancy would be so exhausting. Carrying around what feels like three bowling balls is a rough go. I absolutely adore this sweet baby, but I absolutely cannot wait for his feet to hit the planet so I can bend over and put on my own socks again. The Hubs gave me the OK to cut back a day or two of work beginning next week, and the wonderful family I nanny for heard my plea and agreed. I guess its kind of hard to say no to a walrus with swollen feet. So the next two weeks will be a light load of work, and then I stop working altogether and start investing in all my fantastic nesting ambitions.
Oh, my ambitions. The nesting to-do list is a doozie. It includes the following, all of which seem like pressing matters that simply cannot go undone before the birth of my baby. Welcome to my caliber of crazy.
-pack hospital bags
-charge camera batteries
-figure out what to do with Opie
-make a D-day calling list (Let me know if you want in on the list!)
-put away winter coats
-put away winter clothes & shoes, pull out spring clothes & shoes
-hang pictures in nursery
-organize dresser in nursery
-cook and freeze meals
-stock up pantry
-buy some stinking spring maternity clothes, because, let's face it, this mama ain't gonna be ready for last year's capris any time soon
-buy a 15 dollar skirt from Old Navy because, wow, what a deal, and golly, I love skirts
-set up bassinet
-dust baseboards
-get carpet cleaned
-figure out which stinking baby bathtub to buy (why is that a stressful task?!?)
-install carseat
-write in baby journal
-finish filling out Baby Book
-buy non-toxic Method household cleaner and 7th Generation dish soap
-organize sock basket
-wash, dry, fold, and put away all laundry (why, WHY does this never get done?)
-sterilize pacifiers and start calling them binkies because it sounds cuter (how do you sterilize binkies?)
-vaccuum out both cars
-clean up the backyard
I wish I made that list up, but I didn't. It's the real deal. I have 5 weeks. But I'm really psyching myself out for an early delivery, (because there just isn't any more room!) so I'm shooting for completing the list in the next 2-3 weeks. Oh, boy. I am not above hiring my sister or friends to help. I look at that list and I get a little twitch.
In other news, tomorrow some wonderful family friends are throwing us a baby shower. I absolutely cannot wait! I'm going to lay all nesting obsessions aside and just enjoy the day. The women throwing the shower are my parents' neighbors, and growing up I babysat for just about all of their kiddos at some point. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up. And I love love love baby stuff, so that's going to be icing on the cake!
On another side note, I just looked over at the Hubs, who is playing video games (told you there's been a lot of that going on around here!) and I seriously got nauseous. His little army man is climbing an ice cliff like some kind of Bear Grylls, and he just about fell overboard. I can't take video games. I am the person the little instruction manuals write the motion sickness warnings for. Truly. Where is the Dramamine?
Hope you all have a fabulous Friday night. I'll be back soon with shower pics. =)
I'll help! Just let me know when and where! :) I might have to bring the J along with me though... so he might undo more than i do! (sterilize binkies by putting them in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes-- but watch it b/c if you forget about them, they will melt)
ReplyDeleteI was going to post the same thing about the binkies (nuk's in our house!). And a random suggestion...I made up a draft of an email for all our friends & family that we didn't want to call. I entered everyones email addresses & wrote the whole thing except time, weight, height, etc. Then, after he was born, all I had to do was put in a few details & press send. It was much easier to remember everyone before being in the hospital. Excited for you!!
ReplyDelete