
The picture in the lower left hand corner was my favorite baby item ever. My grandmother made a quilt for my little Newbie that is the softest and most precious thing I have ever touched. It's almost too sweet to use. She attached a treasure of a note on the bottom of the quilt, and I absolutely love love love it.
After the shower, the Hubs and I had a fun night at my parents' house discussing D-day details and swooning over the baby clothes. Even the menfolk joined in. There's just something about a little pair of carpenter jeans that sends one over the edge. So. Stinking. Cute.
Last night I woke up and didn't sleep for four hours. I was convinced I was either about to have my baby or my stomach was attempting to crawl out of my ear. It appears all the commotion can be chalked up to my son's decision to move on into the left side of my rib cage. I can't say I'm happy about it. It HURTS.
This afternoon, I put my head down and powered through, despite my aching ribs. The Hubs and I set out for the country to celebrate his great-grandma's 90th birthday. Good times and lots of ham and mac & cheese were had by all. =) After the b-day bash, the Hubs and I made a Babies 'R Us run. The Hubs took the tax return along for the ride, and we had a grand 'ol time. We loaded the cart up with anything and everything we still needed for our little man, helping me breathe a little easier since I've been sweating a few items that I knew we would need before the big D-day. THEN. THEN, the Hubs drove me over to Old Navy and bought me new shoes, shirts, and skirts for spring and summer, knowing I was stressed about the whole "the capris of 2009 are most certainly not going to do this mama any favors this year" issue. He is not a big fan of shopping, but was so sweet, pointing out things he liked and asking if there was anything else I needed after his arms were swamped in whirly skirts and cute flip flops. He's my hero. Hands down.
Now I'm off to ice my ribs and fold some of the tiniest little pants and socks I've ever seen. Hacking through my mountain of laundry one onesie at a time...
I want to be there so bad... I may or may not have cried while reading this! Miss you!
ReplyDelete