Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's not everyday you wish your pants were made of sand paper.

The itch.

Oh, the itch.

My belly has officially stretched to the point of no return.

Today my belly was so tight and itchy I found myself wishing I had an outfit made of sand paper. I could not scratch enough. Like one massive mosquito bite. Mid summer. With no calamine lotion. On your belly. That is what it felt like.

My theory is this: I have very sensitive skin. I was the kid in school who would brush a strand of hair off her shoulder then have people inquiring about the velociraptor claw marks on her neck that were the result of said hair relocation. My epidermis turns red at the slightest touch. So my thought is this whole "stretching the belly beyond recognition" thing is not my skin's favorite game, and it just so happened to choose today for the epic freak out.

When I got out of the shower and spied the decorative starfish sitting on the shelf in the bathroom, I seriously fantasized about grabbing it and rubbing it frantically all over my belly to relieve the itch. TMI? Sorry. It's just that bad. And the starfish looked just that good.

I'm going to ask my doctor at my 37 week appointment tomorrow if I can just drink a gallon of calamine lotion. If it's a no-go, then I'm going online shopping for sand paper clothes. Have mercy. This has got to stop.

In other news, today was officially my last day of work. Tears. Except I had none...I lost them all last night when Opie jumped on my belly, and I was convinced he squished my son flat as a pancake. Luckily, the Hubs talked some sense into me, but not before I had shed my weekly quota of pregnancy induced tears. So no tears today, but it was definitely a tough day for me. I am going to miss those sweet girls so so SO much, and no amount of time spent at the BK play place would make up for all the time I'll miss being their nanny over the next few months. But we sent the day out with a bang anyway, out living and out lasting just about every kid in the BK play place before heading back to make brownies and draw endless pictures of princesses. It was a good day with my little ladies. And I received an incredible going away gift- just about the cutest diaper bag I have ever seen filled will all kinds of goodies for Newbie. Then, my favorite, a gift certificate for pictures of my roly poly baby when he hits the 6 month mark. I already can't wait to see them. The mother of these girls was my wedding photographer, and I absolutely adore what she does with her photographs. Such a sweet day filled with the sweetest of girls.

Next on the agenda tonight: sleep. I have been diagnosed "crazy" by my husband after he witnessed me digging through the trash to find a check that I had slipped in between the pages of a book sitting on the dining room table. After watching me throw trash all over the kitchen searching for the check and then finding it safely tucked away in the book, the Hubs kindly asked me to go take a shower and sit on the couch and not do anything else the rest of the day. I think he has the right idea. I'm fried. Ready for some Office and then a good night's sleep before catapulting myself into a nesting frenzy tomorrow.

Until then, sleep well, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment