Monday, March 22, 2010

Dear Hubs: Fickle Puggle edition

New to the blog: a fancy name for emails I send to the Hubs regarding my day and then copy and paste here in hopes of capturing daily drama and occurrences in raw form...now presenting:

Dear Hubs: Fickle Puggle Edition
(*Note: we do not have a backyard, requiring us to put Opie on a leash any time he has to go outside to do his business. He has some bells hanging from the doorknob that he rings with his nose when he has to go out. A decent system when he's quick to get the job done and then high tail it back inside. Not my favorite game when he has a hard time deciding whether he really needs to go or not.)

Dear Hubs:
Wowza. The dog is going crazy. Here is a recap of the last 20 minutes:

a) I take him outside after he rings the bells. His radar is going off, and I am sure he needs to lay some cable.

b) He squats probably 6 or 7 times, each time getting distracted by leaves, grass, squirrels, air, etc. before making any magic happen.

c) I proceed to watch the squat-just-kidding sequence for 15 minutes before giving up and going inside.

d) He runs from the mudroom to the bells. I ignore him. Because we were just out.

e) He rings the bells consecutively 8 times. I wait 5 minutes to be sure he's good and ready.

f) We go outside. I beg him and play the "my aching ribs" card to get him to hurry and finally he gets down to business. There was great rejoicing.

g) We come inside. He rings the bells. Again. And again. And still again.

h) He is still ringing them.

i) Is this for real? Now he is whining. And giving me the puppy eyes at the den doorway.

j) Seriously.

k) I am not taking him out. He is insane. And it is cold. And windy. And I have a headache.

l) He is crying now.

m) And he just rang them again.

n) The stare. He's giving me the stare. Does he not know I'm pregnant and not a big fan of the up and down and out and in game?

o) Cried again. Rang the bells again.

p) I'm going outside.

Bah.

Love,

your wife, who clearly needs to find something better to do with her day than document a long Puggle Potty sequence. Maybe I'll go eat a popsicle and take some Tylenol.

1 comment:

  1. I know the stare all too well. Jessie the white German shepherd give me the look all the time. Eventually I cave, put the book down and let her out into the backyard. She proceeds to turn around and give me the sad puppy face that reads "come out here and play with me! I love you!!"

    PS: Let me know when you burst! Your post on here are very comical and I wish I was in GR to visit.

    ReplyDelete