Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Boy and His Dog

All day, this is what I've heard coming from Newbie:

"Opie, come!"

"Opers!  COME!"

"Ugh. Opie!  Oh boy."

"Oh MAN!"

"Opie in der?" 

"Opie, off!"

"Opie, down!"

"Uh oh!"

"Opers?  Opers in der?"

This little guy has been talking to his dog all day long.  My personal favorite is a tie between: "Opie? Oh boy!" when he found Opie under the Christmas tree and "Opie in der?" (Is Opie in there?) as soon as he got up from his nap.

Opie's earning his keep around here by providing hours of entertainment for our little man. 

You know who else is earning their keep?  Me neither.  But I can assure you its not me since the Hubs sent me out for groceries today and I came home with Cheese Balls and Gummy Bears.  Also some Lightening McQueen Cheez-Its.  I was starving, and it was the only stuff that didn't make me wanna gag. Never send a pregnant lady to the grocery store.  Its going to be a bad idea every time.

But the Cheese Balls?  Oh, yum. I do miss the can they came in when I was a little girl.  The big purple bag kinda lacks the charm of the blue can with the yellow lid. But still, every bit as yummy as I remembered.

Enjoying this little life inside of me today and the Cheese Ball/Gummy Bear combo he inspires. =)  The Hubs and I are expecting to see him looking like a Gummy Bear at our ultrasound on Friday morning.  He'll be a little bigger than Newbie was at his first ultrasound, and we both remember seeing Newbie's tiny tiny arms and legs wiggling like crazy at the bottom of the screen.  Thank you for praying for our little Gummy Bear- we will keep you updated!

A happy Wednesday and plenty of Cheese Balls to you and yours this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment