Yeah, me too.
I'll spare you the details because who wants 'em, but a stomach bug hit me all large and in charge yesterday, and I was down for the count. Today its the Lysoling trenches for me while I try to stomp out any hint of germs when I'm not lying in bed because have you ever noticed how recovering from a bug is like climbing Everest? There's just no popping out of bed and being all better. It's a slow climb back to the real you.
While I work at getting back to 100%, my momma stayed home to help and watch Newbie. Somewhere in between strategizing with her and the Hubs last night on how I might be able to change diapers and make lunch without breathing on or touching Newbie, she offered to help out and take the momma-ing reins for today. Can I get a hollah for the best mom around? She rocks. And she offered to do my laundry today while she's home because she's a hero.
So I'm left upstairs with my bed and a tube of Clorox disinfecting wipes. And thoughts of all the Christmas shopping I still need to cram into this week somehow. Is it too late to online shop and still get stuff in by this weekend? I'm about to find out.
In the meantime, Newbie is growing up without me. This morning I passed him in the hallway and said, "Baby boy! I haven't seen you in a whole day! You are talking so much and growing so much while Momma tries to feel better." And he says, "I know." I'm not kidding you. With G-Mama as my witness, he said "I know." And with that, I proved my point. What a little man. He went on to ask if Grandad was home and if Daddy was at work. Oh. my. lanta. Please make these days slow down! I can't believe how big my baby is getting.
I love looking back at pictures and remembering the days before he was wobbling or toddling through the house or telling me, "I know". Last Christmas has some of my favorites:





Wishing you all a happy and healthy Monday!
Oh my heavens! I am LAUGHING outLOUD at the story about how Newb said "I know!" WHAT THE!?!? LOL That's hilarious! AND reason#573 that God's timing is perfect and that you're staying with your parents right now... Isn't it great how HE really does have your best interests in mind. Can you imagine trying to get settled in a new house of your own right now... with all this going on. Ahhh... so nice that your Mama could do that for you! Miss you sweet friend and feel better SO soon!
ReplyDelete