Monday, December 19, 2011

The curls that are no more and other happenings

Wouldn't it be sweet if I could update my blog more than once a week?  I know.  Its just that the camera-computer relationship is a little rocky over here and I can only post so many times without a few decent pictures to share.

If you've been waiting for pictures, today's your lucky day- the camera and computer are being civil and agreed to coffee this afternoon, so I was able to upload a few tidbits from the past several days. =)

Exhibit A: The Little Drummer Boy and his two sidekicks.
Last week, two of our favorite little girls came over to play for the afternoon.  I ran upstairs to grab my camera and came back down to find this:
 
(They weren't as out of focus in real life- that's just my mediocre photography showing.)
The Christmas parade.  They were going at it, Big Sister leading the troops and Newbie bringing up the caboose.  They went around the house one time before this happened:
If you look past the blur, you can see that everybody fell out of line and began to fend for themselves. I can't blame Little Sister because three kids under 7 with instruments just isn't the most pleasant sound you've ever heard.

After playing hard for the afternoon, we chilled out in front of Toy Story for a little while.  Can you tell which one of these three got a nap that day?  =)
 
(PS- Newbie's recent haircut put an end to all those curls on top...I'm still mourning them.  I cracked under pressure and said "Go for it!" when I was asked "Shorter?" and now all the curls are gone. Boo hooo hooooooooo!)

Exhibit B: Aunt Corndog and Uncle J are a really good time.
This weekend Aunt Corndog and Uncle J came over for dinner, and Newbie had a ball playing with them. As if bringing "Mimi" the pug wasn't enough to win him over, Uncle J set Newbie up in front of Photobooth on his laptop and Newbie got in on making some funny faces.
 
(See?  No curls.  Waaaaaaaah!)
 (Photobooth morphs your face into all kinds of funny shapes.  Newbie's expression says it all: "What. is. happening?")

Exhibit C: The Boy finally crashes.
Newbie has had a really rough go of falling asleep lately, and before you question whether or not I'm an enabler, let me assure you: I am.   Evidenced by his plea for "Mommy nigh nigh core" while he cried after I put him in his crib.  Translation?  "Mommy go night night on the floor."  Yes, that has happened.  But no, I did not fold this time.
 
(Don't hate on me for the flash- it was dark and I was working a stealth operation that no ISO could handle on its own.)
The Hubs has stepped in and said this sleeplessness at bedtime is turning into an epidemic and must be remedied before it gets out. of. control.  Newsflash: its already out of control.  Oops! But we're back-pedaling now and slowly trying to get it together.  Bottom line is Newbie's transition to G-Mama and Grandad's house hasn't been as smooth as we had hoped in the bedtime department, but we'll get there.

Tonight he asked for "one mo' song?" and I switched up our usual worship/praise song lullaby routine with a seasonal "Little Drummer Boy."  As I sang, he piped in every once in a while with a "gum" and then a "drum," and I cracked up because I've only sung this song to him one other time but he was totally digging it and wanted in on the fun of the "rum pa pum pum's."  He keeps us laughing, folks.  Until he finally falls asleep, at which point our laughter turns to marvel because there is nothing sweeter than a little boy all zonked out on every stuffed animal he could get his hands on with a few blankets thrown in for good measure. 
 
Fun side note?  The dog Newbie is sleeping on is a stuffed animal I gave the Hubs when we were dating (I know, totally what every college guy wants from his girlfriend, right?!). Anyway, The Hubs took it with him to Greece when he studied abroad his freshman year and climbed Mount Olympus.  I love that our boy is currently obsessed with "Dog".  Full circle, baby. 

Tomorrow is a big day for us.  This week is a big week for us.  Tomorrow we're geeked to be picking up my grandparents from the airport at noon.  Friday my uncle is coming in from Chicago.  Lots of family to enjoy here this week, though we sure wish we could hang out with the rest of the Texas clan this year. 

Friday afternoon The Hubs and I go in for our fourth ultra sound.  It will be two weeks since our last, and we should be tracking along at 11 weeks by then.  We have just been in continuous prayer that this little one would grow healthy and strong and that we'd have the privilege of snuggling him and parenting him in July.  Would you pray for our sweet babe as we look ahead to our appointment on Friday?  We are exercising our trust muscles like crazy these days as we depend on the Lord and trust in His timing and plan no matter what.  But boy, are we ever praying His plans include a healthy baby on July 13!  =)  Thank you so much for your prayers, sweet friends- they mean so so so so so much to us.  

I'll be missing for a few days around the blog since we have so much family in town and so many things to do and enjoy together, but I'll be snapping away on the camera and will return as soon as I can with pictures and an update on our littlest little.  

Wishing you all a very merry week!

2 comments:

  1. HOW FUN that your family is coming in today! Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas Friend! Will be praying for the 4th ultrasound and 11 week measurements. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Brittany - to you and your sweet family! We're continuing to pray for all of you! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete