Friday, December 16, 2011

His Story

I was so blown away by The Story concert.  WOW.  Words can't describe what an incredible experience the multimedia production was, but I can say it is something I will never forget!  Listening to some phenomenal music that carried us through various characters of the Bible, telling God's story from beginning to end was just amazing.  There was video playing through each story in the background, and I can't tell you the richness wrapped up in those lyrics.  It was a writer's dream.  I loved it.

Totally listened to both CD's in The Story set already this morning. =)

Here's a taste of what we saw- one of many songs and videos. The performances were live and the videos played on a large screen behind the artists.  AMAZING. This is the story of Adam and Eve, the same song and video we saw last night. (If the film below isn't working, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ9rG73SKd8)

I walked away so blessed by the comprehensive picture of God's plan- and how my story is a part of His.  The Hubs and I stayed up talking long after the concert was over last night.  We talked about all the things we took away, and what an incredible story God has written.  I love that my man loves the Lord like I do.  What a gift.

I wanted to download some of what stuck today so I can look back and remember the view The Story gave me of God's grander plan. Stepping back and looking at God's story in its entirety left me pondering a few truths that I want to cling to for all of my days and that I desperately want my children and my children's children and my neighbor and my neighbor's neighbor to know.  Don't give up on me, I promise I won't always blog with lots of words and no pictures, but I just couldn't let this go without getting it down.

The first thing that hit me last night was that so many times in Scripture our brothers and sisters were asked to wait.  It hit hard with my pregnancy now and the waiting waiting waiting we are doing as we wonder what God's plan is for this little one.  The words of these songs that reflect the stories of Scripture made my heart squeeze for God's people.  They had to wait on the Lord. Like really, really wait.  Through suffering, through loss, through the unknown: they waited. Waited and waited and waited for God's glory to be revealed- for the One to come to the rescue- for God to come through with His promises. And every time, no matter how desolate the situation, no matter how long the wait, no matter how deep the longing for salvation, our God was (and is!) faithful.  Never once did God drop the ball, never once did He fail to follow through with His promises.  Never once were His people left forever on their own with no rescuer.  There was always Hope, and He was always faithful. What an encouragement!  He is always there, friends.  Always.

In addition to His faithfulness, I got a very clear understanding of God's bigger picture. His ways are so much higher than our own and His eyes see so very much more than we see.  We see this revealed in Scripture when our brothers and sisters ask, "Why me?" "Why this?" "Lord, what are you doing? Where did you go?" Time and time again His children must have felt so confused, so desperate to see what He saw because what they saw was so different from what He said would come to be.  And yet, in the end, each and every time, He did indeed see more than they did and His plans and purposes were accomplished.  He never failed. Each and every time.  I want to store this treasure of truth up in my heart and remember that when I can't see how He is going to bring good out of a situation, He will- because He knows the way, and His ways are higher than my own. I want to remember that there is a bigger story falling into place than just my own, and He knows that story by heart.

The other thing that stood out to me was how very important the Lord's purposes are for us and how very much God uses the humble and the broken.  David, Esther, Joseph, Mary, and so many, many more- He used them all in ways that significantly contributed to the shape of His story and the path of His people.  I want to remember and teach my children that His purposes for us are something to be pursued and embraced with a fullness and an obedience of heart that pushes us onward even when the going gets tough- even when we can't see how it will all turn out.  I want to allow His purpose for me to guide my every move- I want to be faithful to Him even when every fiber in my being asks, "Why me? Isn't there another?" Because He has put each and every single one of us here for a purpose- each one of us has a part to play in His story; we were born for such a time as this.

It was so interesting to be reminded of how these truths have been proven through Biblical history, but to also know that I have seen these truths revealed in my own life.  I simply adore that God is the same today as He was yesterday and will be tomorrow.  I am so humbled by the part He has gifted me to play in His story.  It is my prayer that as we reflect this Christmas, we turn our eyes upon Jesus and give thanks that He, glorious He, cares for and loves all of us-even the very least of us. Who are we that He should allow us to play a part in His story?  In awe, my spirit whispers, What a Love.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2zHk95UnsE)
Praying this Christmas we walk on and take up our places in His story, friends, knowing full well the King we serve is always good and always faithful and always loves us more than we could ever know- a King so very much deserving of our love and devotion- a King who is writing a story and has invited us to be a part of it.

*****
How's that for a lengthy picture-less post? Sometimes the heart just has to download. =)  I'll be back with pictures soon...we have lots to enjoy over the next several days.  The Hubs and I are taking off for an anniversary getaway this weekend and soon my grandparents will be visiting from Texas.  Also, Newbie got a haircut and has started "time outs" or "'mouts" in his words.  Lots to capture with the camera and lots to share. So very much to celebrate and be thankful for in the coming days.  See you soon!

Happy Weekending!

Click here and here and here for more music videos from the tour. This was one of my favorites. Ok.  I'm done.  Promise. =)

1 comment:

  1. I love those songs! Sounds like an amazing concert. Thank you for sharing about the need to wait. I always struggle with that. Your blog always encourages me.

    ReplyDelete