Saturday, December 24, 2011

The most wonderful news of the year

Just wanted to pop in to say that we got some good news from our ultra sound yesterday!  Baby looks good and was wiggling around like crazy, showing off a fabulous heartbeat.  My doctor was really pleased with what she saw, and as long as nothing off-the-wall happens, we don't have to go back in for another ultra sound until mid-February when we're at 20 weeks!!!!!  After four ultra sounds over the course of the past month, this news plus seeing my little babe dance on the screen is the Best. Christmas. Present. EVER!

We're praising Jesus for this wonderful news, and looking forward to celebrating HIM tonight and tomorrow.  How sweet it is to enter into Christmas cherishing the gift of a babe given to us so long ago and the gift of the one we hope to soon hold now. God is so very, very good!

We have a house packed to the brim with my brother and sister here, my grandparents, my uncle, my parents, my little family, and three dogs.  Hellooooo, Griswold family Christmas!  We were so excited to come home yesterday with good news from the doctor. 

Last night we were all sitting in the living room with two guitars, two ukelele's and some questionable singing voices (read: ME), and I KID YOU NOT as we sat there belting out some "Sleigh Bells Ring" in true von Trapp family style, it started snowing.  The ground has been bare for weeks on end, and we were all hoping for a white Christmas.  BOOM.  Who knew it just took a little living room concert to really get the white Christmas rolling?  First thing this morning = Newbie in his marshmallow snowsuit and the sled he got from Santa last year.  Bring on the memory making, Baby.

In other news, the Hubs and I put in an offer on a house yesterday.  Ain't no thang.  Just kidding.  It's definitely a thang. I've been praying God would give us just enough in our next house- not too big, not too small, but something that is just enough for our little growing family.  Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Proverbs 30:8. This has been the prayer of my heart since we starting looking for another house. The Hubs and I are convinced this little gem fits the bill and signed the papers on the offer yesterday.  We didn't even hesitate- went in, looked around, crunched some numbers on replacing the 40 year old carpet and BOOM, done.  We should hear back today, which is why I'm up at 5 in the morning on Christmas Eve.  WAY too much going on today to sleep!

Plus, did I mention its a white Christmas?

And also that my baby looks good and was waving to me on the ultra sound screen yesterday?

Because those things totally happened too.

Thank you, Lord, for abundant blessings.

Oh, how I wish I had pictures to share, but I'm sequestered in the bedroom and I'm convinced my uncle doesn't consider blogging an urgent enough matter when it would mean barging into his room at 5 in the morning and tapping away on the computer while I upload some photos.

So...I promise a plethora of pictures post-Christmas, and I will leave you with a huge, heartfelt THANK YOU for praying for our littlest little, and a prayer for a joy-filled and richly, richly blessed Christmas this weekend as we celebrate the incredible Gift of Love we have in Jesus.

Have a very, very Merry Christmas, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I'm just now seeing this... been out of the loop since I didn't have my computer in Indy! SOOO happy to hear all is good with bitsy baby and can't wait to hear more about the house and see your growing bump!!!! YAYAAY! Hope to see you soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete