It is ten o'clock in the morning and several not-even-a-little-bit-significant things have happened that I have decided to blog about because I am bored and the only thing on tv is lame-O "Let's Make A Deal." There's just something about a bunch of grown people dressed up in corny costumes begging for money that I just can't bring myself to respect for an hour's worth of daytime television. No matter how intense the boredom.
The not-even-a-little-bit-significant things that happened this morning are as follows:
1) The furnace blew out last night, and the hubs and I woke up with chattering teeth.
2) After my stud of a handyman fixed the furnace, I got a call saying today was a snow day and don't come in to work, so the hubs and I snuggled back under the covers.
3) Opie was crying, and since I haven't mastered the Dog Whisperer's instruction to treat a dog like a dog and not a person, I was convinced he was cold and scared, so I took him outside to find not snow but rain and slush. The city looks like a gigantic 7-Eleven Slurpee today. It made me a little hungry.
4) After coming back inside, a let Opie roam the house while I went back upstairs to bed with the hubs. This was a classic error on my part. Two minutes after I crawled under the covers, the hubby shot out of bed to find that the stupid mutt had eaten his way through THREE of the presents I wrapped for an hour last week. I am thinking about buying a tranquilizer gun for Christmas.
5) Giving up on sleeping in any later than 9:45, I effectively changed from my pjs into my velour suit and plan to stay planted in it all day, including my trip to the grocery store to buy "food. water. and a flashlight." in case we get hit as hard by the great Christmas blizzard of '09 as the weather people say we will. In fact, on the radio yesterday they were talking about how crowded the grocery stores had been due to the amount of people stocking up for the blizzard. Seeing as how I did not go to the grocery store yesterday, I feel utterly left out of the chaos and decided to go sometime today when the hubby gets back with my four wheel drive vehicle. I asked the hubs what I should get at the store in order to prepare for the blizzard and was stumped we he replied, "probably a bunch of stuff we can eat without having to cook it in case the power goes out." Being the trophy wife that I am, I couldn't for the life of me think of what that might be. Astronaut food? Sardines? Should I call the army and ask for a few of those ready-to-eat meals in a bag that I saw on Ellen last week? What on earth do I buy that you "don't have to cook"? I think I've settled on some pb & j's and then all of the ingredients necessary for my PW Cinnamon roll marathon on Saturday. I don't want to get snowed in an not be able to make and gorge upon 8 pans worth of butter and sugar.
That completes the list of not-even-a-little-bit-significant things that has occurred thus far this morning. I'll be sure to update later when enough even-less-than-not-even-a-little-bit-significant events occur. Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment