Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Today I have a big post with lots of pictures that I have been wanting to share for a while but just haven't taken the time to upload...today is the day! I also have a big announcement at the end- so if you don't want to waste 5 minutes of your life reading the following, at least scroll to the end of this post to see what the big brew-ha-ha is all about. It is going to be life changing.

First on the agenda this morning is a picture that I may print off on a certificate of authentication-if that's a certificate that proves that something unbelievable actually happened. This is a pic of my dearest L in the same room as, and touching, my dog. In an unprecedented move, L came over to bake cinnamon rolls and ventured beyond the gate to visit Opie. She's as scared of dogs as I am of puking- we're talking nervous breakdown, sweaty hands, tears, shaking, the whole bit. After 15 minutes standing at the door staring at him, she waltzed right in there and showed him who's boss. And she didn't even pee her pants. I was in awe.



Next, we have a "Before" picture of my kitchen massacre last night. The "After" picture involves 4 of the 5 pans burnt to a crisp. Typical. At least this pic captures the potential.



Speaking of "Before's"...nothing. I don't have a Before to show you of this wall in our nursery, but I've exhibited self control for long enough, and it is time to reveal a nursery masterpiece. My parents came over on Thanksgiving weekend to paint the walls and trim in our nursery, and I set out for two hours the following day to paint this tree on the wall. I was a little opposed to a mural on the wall, but decided a nursery might be the only place I can get away with taking a paint brush to a wall and go crazy, so I decided to go for it. I had to use non-toxic craft paint so I didn't burn any pregnant brain cells, and but I think the final product turned out well. The little raccoon is compliments of my mom and her already activated Grandmother reflex to buy anything and everything Baby could possibly want or need. The fact that there's a raccoon on a wall in my house is a sign of some serious progress in conquering fears on my part, but that's another story dating back to 1993. More on that one of these days.



And now the best for last. I realized this morning that I haven't posted any pictures from our 20 week ultra sound and thought that's just the kind of Christmas miracle I'd like to accomplish today. So here's a few, edited to label body parts in the event you are as confused as my sweet sister was and think to yourself "Wait...Is that the leg?" when in fact, you are looking at the head. (Scratch the "edited to label body parts". Seems I am more computer illiterate than I thought, and I can't figure out how to scribble a few lines and words over the picture, so you'll just have to guess. Hint: his head is the big circle with little lips and a nose.)So without further ado, here is our adorable little critter as of two weeks ago:

Profile shot:


Looking right at the camera:


Annnnnd his really cute Christmas ornament- compliments, again, of my mom =)


Funny how before you are pregnant you see an ultra sound picture and think, "aww, nice fuzzy blur." But when it's your own, you think the world of that blur and can't stop looking at it even if somebody were to offer you 200 calorie free Christmas cookies. Sigh. I just love every teensie tiny bit and piece of our little blur. Which isn't so teensie tiny anymore. Thanks to my recent kefir and Christmas cookie fetish, that little man is really putting on the .10 ounces.

And now, the moment we've all been waiting for...the big reveal. First of all, no. We are not having twins. And no, we have not decided to ship Opie off to Tikitikitimbo, even though we have considered it. However, YES, I have decided to make an Old Year resolution before the New one hits and I have to come up with something that I have to stick to for 365 days. I figure if I make an Old Year resolution, then I only have to stick to it for 15 days, and that sounds a whole lot more doable. So, I hereby declare that my Old Year Resolution is.....[insert drum roll here]....I am going to get all of my laundry

A) washed

B) dried

C) folded

D) sorted

E) put away in the closet

before December 25.

I know this is a lofty goal. After all, once I throw what is in my bedroom down the stairs, it will most certainly be reminiscent of this:


But somebody's got to do it. And since the bat hasn't done it to pay his room and board, I figure I'm the only other one around here next week with posable thumbs, so it had better be me. Unless, of course, I put Opie in charge, which would result in a whole lotta pairs of "shotgun shell underwear," as the hubby puts it. So it comes down to me. And the 9 days I have before Christmas. I think I can do it, as long as eating excessive amounts of Christmas cookies doesn't get in the way. I'll post with an update in the Old Year Resolution department as soon as I am victorious. And now, I shall go forth and conquer.

2 comments:

  1. My eyes teared up when I saw this ornament! :) I love you and am so happy for you southern belle. I cannot wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't love your dog. sorry. he's just tooo hyper. but i do love that you love him (???) sure, sure.
    that is a flippin' huge pile of clothing at the bottom of the steps. good luck on that one :)

    ReplyDelete