Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm suprised I didn't wet my pants.

I also wish I could remember how to spell "surprised" when writing a title, which, coincidentally, is not included in the blog's spell check. Noted.

This weekend we had our upstairs re-carpeted. We may or may not have spent the past 24 hours crawling on the new carpet rather than walking on it because it is ohsuchawonderful luxury. So our upstairs has fluffy cozy new carpet, and as if things couldn't get any more wonderful...

Santa showed up early. EARLY. And I still have not recovered.

We are talking a Christmas gift of mammoth proportions.

Mammoth.

Gargantuan.

In the words of the sweet little girl I nanny for, "hoo-mung-GUS!"

The man with the bag snuck in through the chimney while the hubby and I were at church this morning. Sneaky, sneaky. I had no idea until I made it upstairs, on the phone with my mom at the time, looking for a paintbrush. When what to my wandering eyes did appear but a big red bow on the nursery door. Huh? Who put this here? Must be the hubby has some serious wedding anniversary something going on that he couldn't stash away anywhere else...

Still on the phone, I called the hubs upstairs and asked his permission to go inside to look for the paintbrush. I could tell right away he had no idea why the bow was there, which meant something big was up. Something BIG. My family is really good at BIG. When it's time for something BIG, everyone freaks out. Because it is going to be seriously good. I knew this must be something BIG, and I held my breath. The hubs read the Christmas card, signed by our parents, and opened the door.



***GASP!!!****

GURGLE!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS, I...I...I...I....!

That's when I hit the floor in the ugliest cry I've had in 6 months, and that is saying a lot because there have been a lot of ugly pregnancy cries. I kid you not when I say that I was gasping for air and clinging to the door frame upon seeing this beauty adorning my son's nursery.



I had to toss the phone to my hubby so he could inform my mom that I was, in fact, still breathing. We were shocked and overwhelmed, and I can honestly say I have no idea how I didn't wet my pants. My hands are sweaty just thinking about the moment all over again. And I have butterflies. I have been dreaming about this furniture set since the day Mom and I ventured into USA Baby, and I could not believe it was sitting in my house. I was convinced we would have to find something else, this thing was just too good to be true.

To make things even more exciting, we opened the closet to find all the pieces necessary to convert the crib into a toddler bed, then a full size bed when our little man starts sprouting up and out.

After calming down enough to be slightly coherent, we thanked both sets of our parents, and then I sat in that room for a full hour. Truly. I couldn't pull myself out of there- it was just too much- the carpet, the crib, the dresser, the *Staph Repellant* mattress (Santa knows us too well- we both suffered from continuous Staph infections a few years ago, and LOVE anything that attempts to ward off the nasties)...Hokey Pete!!! What a Christmas, and it's not even Friday. I still cannot believe it.

I am grateful to my bestie L who begged me to post tonight because it gives me an excuse to take and post a billion pictures of one of the greatest Christmas presents ever. I mean, this tops the Red Rider BB Gun by miles. This ranks right up there with the Christmas when I got my Barbie bean bag and my American Girl Doll. This is the cat's meow.

What a fun place for our little man!







I have all kinds of ideas for pictures and baskets and bookshelves for the room, but for now, I think I'm going to go stare at it some more. And dream of my sweet little baby snoozing away on his comfy mattress underneath his adorable raccoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment