Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You'll shoot your eye out

I just logged on, and I'm a little depressed that I am only 60 pages in to the book I posted under my book club at least a month ago. I guess I have been valuing lame television and binging on Christmas cookies over expanding my mind through literary pursuits. Sigh. Sounds about right.

You know what doesn't sound about right? Making up four pans of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls then burning each and every last one beyond Christmas gift potential and therefore condemning them to my freezer forever. What a disappointment. At least I can be confident the dog will eat them, based on his consumption of unidentified food fragments in the dishwasher loading and unloading zone tonight. It's nice to have a disposal on four legs.

Last random thought on the agenda tonight: Nothing says "Merry Christmas 2008, Dad!" better than a Red Rider BB Gun. And a lame-O neon orange hunting hat. And boy, did he love it. This is one of my favorite pictures ever because I think it really captures where a lot of my crazy comes from.



I really don't know how we're going to top that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment