SnOw DaY!
I knew we got a lot of the fluffy stuff when I woke up at 1 this morning and it looked like broad daylight outside. I love that about snow. When the moon bounces off all the white in the middle of the night and makes it look like it's as bright as day. It's just gorgeous. I also love that snow is so sneaky and piles up inches and inches on the porch steps and the eaves without you knowing until you are running late for work and step out the door to find that there is only a single antenna peeking out from the snow where your car used to be. So magical. I am loving this first snow of the season. I amped up White Christmas' "Snow" this morning and woke the hubby up bright and early just like any grown woman with 5-year-old tendencies would do. Ask me again in late January how I feel about this weather, and my reaction will be entirely different. By then I would have had to drive in it. Today I chickened out (what else is a girl to do when the local tv station says to bring "food, water, and a flashlight" in the event that you're crazy enough to get into a car today because you are for sure going down and will need such means of survival?!?). I plan to stay in my pj's doing laundry and grimacing at the poor souls digging their cars out of their driveways this morning (didn't they watch the tv this morning?!? Should I bring them a flashlight and water to-go?). I already put in my time (albeit in my velour suit and a floppy ponytail) helping the hubs dig my car out so he could use the 4-wheel drive to make it into work today. I forgot to send him with the necessary survival elements- I hope the Capri Sun that has been sitting in my car for two weeks next to the baggie full of old puppy chow can sustain him.

I always feel bad that not everyone gets to have the opportunity to experience the beauty of a good 'ol fashioned Snow Day. Especially when it means the hubby won't be here to enjoy this velour suit and hot chocolate day with me. I think all occupations should be allowed a Snow Day every once in a while. Everybody should get a chance to forfeit venturing out onto treacherous roads and to snuggle up in their pj's and pretend to do laundry.
I snatched the camera up this morning before we let Opie out to enjoy the first snow of the season. He was SUPER excited, prancing through the piles out back...must get it from his momma- I might have been prancing a little too.
(Please disregard the first 10 seconds of this video...a dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do)

Baby, it's cold outside.
Nannys get snowdays?! nice! :)
ReplyDeleteOpie is ADORABLE in the snow.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete