Tonight I'm dreaming of a place I love, even more than I usually do.
December 22, 2007.

Two years ago today, I had a ridiculously good-looking hairdo (I can say this because it is a fact and has not occurred since), stepped into a beautiful white dress, was surrounded by amazing family and dearest friends,and married an incredible man.
I mean, incredible.
Incredible because he is entirely selfless and loves Jesus with abandon. I seriously do not know anyone as selfless as my husband. He would do anything for me or any one. All because he loves Jesus so very, very much.
Incredible because if he knew then what he knows now about my cRaZy and what my cRaZy looks like when enhanced by pregnancy, he still would have married me. He loves me that much. Whoa.
Incredible because he doesn't give me a hard time about my double standard when it comes to wanting him to turn off the X-Box, and all the while, expecting him to leave me alone for hours so I can finish the latest book in the Twilight series.
Incredible because he wakes up to let the dog out at 2,3, and 4 in the morning, come rain or shine. (Kind of like the mailman. Only more hardcore because it involves a dog and the early morning hours.)
Incredible because he continuously offers to go grocery shopping or make dinner for me even though I continuously turn him down because I am a control freak.
Incredible because he's committed to being faithful to our marriage no matter what.
Incredible because when he said "I Do" two years ago, he meant it with all his heart.
A man among men.
And some how, some way, God saw fit to bless me with this man. Talk about undeserving! Germ-a-phobe, control freak, selfish, cRaZy lady with chronic laundry disorder...and God blesses me with this incredible man. I am so grateful. So richly blessed. And so very, very much in love.
With this man, my groom.

And tonight I'm dreaming of a place I love even more than I usually do.

I'm dreamin' tonight of a place I love
Even more then I usually do

And although I know it's a long road back
I promise you

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me

Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light beams

I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light beams

I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

If only in my dreams
awwww. Happy Anniversary guys!
ReplyDelete