Saturday, April 24, 2010

7 days a week

When I left the hospital and was reminded by the nurse to be sure to take care of myself when I got home and to always remember to "empty my bladder," I laughed because I thought "I might be crazy, lady, but I don't need you to remind me to go to the bathroom."

I was wrong.

I had no idea how busy being a new mama could be! Thank goodness for nurses who remind you to go to the bathroom, family who remind you to sleep, and friends who remind you to eat. I joked with my mom this morning that me and Newbie are on the same program: eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, all day long, 7 days a week. The days are tumbling one over the other, and I can't believe he's already 11 days old. I had a freak out yesterday when I realized I hadn't taken pictures in a few days because I had been so busy trying to remember to go to the bathroom. So here's a few candid shots of our little man, who is ALREADY getting big and starting to look differently than he did in the hospital. I can't believe it. Before you know it, he'll be running around the house killing bugs for me and mowing the yard with his daddy. Who knows, maybe I can even talk him into doing my laundry. =)

You'll have to excuse the 1980's quality of these pictures...I have completely lost my incredible knack for fantastic photography somewhere between going into labor while watching American Idol last week and not sleeping more than 2 consecutive hours in 11 days. One of these days we'll have his aunt and uncle photography duo out here to take some pictures, but that requires organization and planning, which I have also completely misplaced. So enjoy the dark blurry pictures and keep your fingers crossed that I might find my sanity someday soon and get some decent pictures taken before this little guy is three feet tall. =)







That last one cracks me up. What a ham...probably laughing at his mama after blasting through two diapers in 2 minutes. He's got talent, folks. =)

1 comment:

  1. Was that actually a smile? or was it just gas that accompanies those blowouts?!
    He's such a cutie, can't wait until I can actually see him in person. Will the quarantine end soon?
    Keep up the good work Mommy & Daddy - boy does that sound strange. Calling "our baby boy" Dad. Seems like only yesterday TJ that you were that size and we were oohhing and aahhing over every cute thing you did. Still love you like crazy..... Grandma P.

    ReplyDelete