The Hubs was at work; I was at home with Opie.
The sky was dark and creepy and the thunder rolled, so I decided to take him outside before a torrential rain hit.
This was brave of me because I hate storms. Something about growing up in Texas traumatized me a little bit in the thunderstorm department.
There was Opie sniffing every blade of grass in the yard, trying to find juuust the right spot when we heard a CRASH! Followed by another CRASH! And another and another- CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!
I seriously thought somebody was throwing multiple wrenches at my car. And my garage. And my roof. And the neighbor's roof.
Opie started looking around in every direction, barking at each BANG! he heard. That's when I spotted the culprit: hail half the size of a golf ball landed smack dab in front of me. As soon as it registered, the sky opened up, and Opie and I were bombarded with the loudest, meanest hail I have ever seen. We took off sprinting across the yard, and he was FrEaKiNg out. The puggle's first hail experience was not a good one. He may never go outside to do his business again. Which will be a problem. Because he didn't even get a chance to go before we were attacked in the backyard. And because we just got our carpets cleaned.

When we came back inside, Opie sunk down into a corner and asked me if we could please just sit on the couch and watch TV today because what a not-so-fun morning that was. And I said yes, we can. So we're off to snuggle on the couch.

I hope you have a day free of hail and havoc!
No comments:
Post a Comment