Regardless of the craziness of the past two weeks and my increased germ awareness, I've put on my big girl pants and a little make-up and I'm ready to face the world again.
Coming out of newborn baby hibernation feels good. I can't promise I won't be in sweatpants or standing at the door with a mega bottle of hand sanitizer, but if you've been waiting for the OK, we would love to start having visitors come over and meet our sweet Newbie! We still have to play by the rules and keep him away from any sickness, but the bottom line is this mama is finally ready to share her little man. =) If you'd like to stop by, give us a call and we will find a time that works!
Speaking of the real world, I had to get out for a doctor appointment today (the rash turned out to be hives, and the solution was a med other than Benidryl. Benydril. Benedryl. How do you spell that?!?) and I had to go to the grocery store to pick up a prescription. It was liberating. Did you know the sun is shining out there? And there are dogs frolicking and birds singing and grass growing. And I never even knew it until today because I've been so busy living in my sweatpants and snuggling my baby and eating fudgecicles and catching up on NBC's Parenthood. So we're going to have to make a habit of getting out in the fresh air a little bit more. Because it was refreshing. We still have to avoid public places, but since the backyard isn't public and the park is pretty airy, I'm thinking we just might make it outside our door this weekend. Mmm...real life is slowly coming back...and it's so much sweeter now that we have this little heart to enjoy it with. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment