Monday, April 12, 2010

Tonight we are praisin' the Lord =)

I'll start this post the same way I start every phone call I make these days: "There's no baby yet, so don't freak out."

Seriously, I have to say that first, otherwise whoever is on the other line goes ballistic. Even the lady I called at the vet today. Not really. But just about everyone else. We are ready for this little guy- he's got us waiting on pins and needles!

Speaking of the vet, our experience at the vet today was just one of many ways God has provided for us lately. God keeps filling in the gaps each and every time I have a freak-out, and today I've just been revelling in His provision.

A few of the many ways God has been rocking our world lately:

1) It was getting to be like Old Mother Hubbard around here in the cabinet department when my parents threw a curve ball and stocked us up on Costco groceries like I've never seen before. Have pantry and freezer full before baby's arrival: check. Praise the Lord!

2) Opie had a little issue this morning involving my carpet and a lot of scooting. Gross. When you are days away from your baby's due date, you do not want dog problems. I was stressed out all day. When we got him to the vet tonight, it was an easy, relatively inexpensive fix, and Opie is now a new man, er, puggle. And my carpets have not suffered. PTL!

3) This sounds trivial, but I have really come to appreciate how God is in the details. Last night I thought I'd be a genius, so I put my favorite Crocs in the dishwasher. This morning I went to put on my spanking clean Crocs and decided either my kankles had become red wood trees over night or the Crocs shrunk. I mourned a lot because no other shoes fit and those doggone things are my go-to summer/lake shoes. Then I googled my dilemma and found that if I put them in the dryer for 3 minutes and wore them around with socks on til they cooled, they would go back to their original size. It worked, and I still have luxurious cushiony foam rubber to walk around in for the however many days left I have of my pregnancy. PTL!

4) Chet is back in all his glory, but the Hubs found a new hole in the roof where Chet may be getting in. So we have a new plan of attack when we're ready to deal with that little sucker. PTL!

The list goes on and on, and we are SO grateful for all God has done for us lately through family and friends and vets and even dryers. He is good all the time!

I need to go snuggle with the puggle who spent the better part of his day in the kennel due to his little scooting side show this morning. So it's time I go prop my feet up and share some puggle love before I hit the streets with Bauer for 24 tonight. Hopefully I'll be back soon with baby news! In the meantime, here's a 39 week update...we think he's "dropped" and the doc says all systems are go for launch any day now. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment