
Daddy (aka "The Hubs") here reporting live from our post-delivery room slightly over 24 hrs after Newbies boots hit the ground. Momma is doing well, but busy doing momma-y type things. Since I'm sure you know Momma Bear's incesent need to be on top of everything, I agreed that I wouldn't post anything too crazy.
I have good news, and I have GREAT news so far today.
The good news is: I found out where the coffee is.
The GREAT news is: Newbie's doing great!
Momma and I went down to visit him in the Neonatal Intermediate Care center a couple of floors down this morning. I awoke after "sleeping" for "5 hours" to Momma standing at the foot of my "bed", super anxious to see her little stud.
So at 7:45am this morning we went down the long halls, praying his resp rate has dropped or at least had some good consistency to it. Turns out that it takes some time to get used to breathing air. Who knew? When we got there, he was all hooked up to a machine and it looked worse than it was. There were all kinds of numbers on the screens, but the one I was looking at was his O-sats and the resp rate. His O-sats were in the high 90's (98-99%) and his resp rate dropped all the way to the 40's!!! Praise Alleluia and Amen!!
The nurses said he was super good all night and ate from a bottle consistently. Though this wasn't what we had planned on happening, it was still an answer to prayer. We'll take it!
Thanks to all of you who prayed for us and him. What an INCREDIBLE moment in life to be holding a baby less than a day old! God's blessing has overwhelmed us at times and emotions have been flowing ever since he's arrived. Thank you for praying with us and for us. Thank you for understanding a Momma's crazy, 40+ hour sleep deprived, hungry, and emotional cries for help. You are all amazing.
Speaking of amazing:

Welcome to the world, little buddy.
Welcome to our world little one. So recently come from God we can sense His essense still on you when we kiss you from the top of your sweet fuzzy head to the tip of those ten tiny toes.
ReplyDeleteWe wonder where those feet will lead you and what your life's journey will hold, we can't wait to watch and see God at work in you.
We love you already, who says that you have to grow in love, it's a God-thing.
Blessings on you and your Mommy and Daddy as they care for you and help shape you into all God wants you to be. Hugs and loves from both Great-Grandpa & Great-Grandma XXOO