Crack of dawn early.
Christmas morning early.
Driving to Florida early.
It. was. not. good.
He was crying in his crib, and when I went in to pop in the binkie, he reached up and said "pea?" which means "please, Momma, for the love of Mike, get me out of here". So I brought him into bed with me in hopes of a two hour stretch before we had to actually get out of bed for keeps.
Before I had even adjusted my pillow, he saw his daddy getting ready for work, and he smiled ruefully behind his binkie, he stood up in the middle of the bed and reached for his daddy-O. It's like he knew his momma was conning him into going back to sleep and he just found an out. If he hadn't looked so ridiculously adorable, I might have put on my Momma Means Business voice and told him to lie down and go back to bed. But doggone, he looks cute smiling through that binkie and reaching out to be held with his Gus Gus belly popping out between the top and bottom of his Walmart jammies (5 bucks- score!). So he reached out for Daddy-O, and it was all over. Hopes of sleep flew out the window, and there we were. Awake way too early.
I didn't even know what I was doing in the kitchen when we got downstairs. I'm still not sure what we actually ate for breakfast. I vaguely remember some oatmeal or bananas or maybe a shoe? I can't be held responsible for making a nutritious breakfast before the hour of 7 am. It just ain't right.
Now we're sitting in the playroom in an extended slumber-like state in front of the TV. Which begs the question, "why did we get out of bed in the first place if we were going to sleep through breakfast and morning cartoons anyway?"
(Don't you love the way he drives his tractor while watching Curious George? It cracks me up.)
(Even Opie is all "WHAT the WHAT" regarding the hour at which we chose to rise today.)
As we sit here, I'm stressing out because nap time is completely thrown off, and we have a play date at the bacon and eggs play place in the mall this morning. Does he take a morning nap now? Or do I try and push it till after lunch? Do I put him in the crib now and try for a quick nap this morning and a good nap after lunch? Arg. Changing nap time stresses me out. Mostly because it means I probably won't get to nap with him since it will most likely end up being a lamesauce nap in the car seat while I'm driving us to and from the mall. OH THE AGONY!
I am going to need some more coffee.
Signing out and wishing you all a well rested Friday!

what a morning you have had as well! It must have been something cause mine was up with his chickens this morning at 5:30... coffee will probably be our best friend today...
ReplyDelete