First of all, I had a dentist appointment at eight in the morning. Why are they even open that early? They put me on the laughing gas for a sealant and some sanding (doesn't that sound fun?!), and I vaguely remember the dentist trying to talk with me about my dad's feelings about Texas football this season and the dental hygienist referencing a book she saw about Colt McCoy last weekend at Barnes and Noble. I can't remember what I said in response because I WAS ON THE GAS, and it is very difficult to lace together a coherent thought, much less about football, in that state of being.
As I left the office I was thinking two things: 1) Again, why are they even open that early? and 2) Shouldn't there be a Breathalyzer to get out of the office??? ...because BAM that laughing gas is some pretty potent stuff. I took it easy and breathed in multiple gulps of oxygen before hitting the open road, but it was a miracle I was able to fill the tire with air at the gas station. I can't seem to do that when I'm not high on dental fumes, so it was really a remarkable feat.
The next waylay came in the form of the elusive morning diaper. Everyday there is guaranteed to be a morning diaper that make you wonder if they sell a turbo air freshener that exhibits the force of a fire extinguisher. The Morning Diaper can really pack a punch, and it is always, always in the morning. 50% of the week the Hubs goes into work a little later in the day, and there's a chance that he will be around for The Diaper. He is a man among men and willing to take a hit in the diaper department if he is home to change it since I am on diaper patrol while he is at work.
On the mornings when the Hubs leaves late, I'm always mentally cheering The Diaper on, hoping it makes an appearance before the Hubs has to go. Today The Diaper failed me despite my mental cheer-leading routine and debuted about 10 minutes after the Hubs walked out the door. And that's when I was wishing I was still ON THE GAS because wowzers. What.did.we.eat.last.night?!
And now I'll make a pleasantly appealing transition from diaper to dinner...a transition we've perfected around here over the past 16 months.



I wish I had something to share with you today that was more exciting than filling my tire with air post-dental procedure or my lack of luck with The Morning Diaper, but I do not. This is my reality. Diapers and dentist appointments and some FEW AND FAR between successes in the kitchen.
But I wouldn't have it any other way. Because who doesn't love a little laughing gas and broccoli cheddar soup every once in a while?
Y'all have a fabulous Thursday!
PS- Can you see where Newbie stashed his turkey? ...Such is life with a boy!

PPS- The good news is, no matter how much turkey he stuffs in his ear, he's still adorable. Especially when he's snoozing in his new footie PJ's. I can't believe how much of his crib he's taking up these days! When did he go from a baby to a toddler?!?

please share the soup recipe. That is a fave of mine!!
ReplyDelete