A couple weeks ago we had a not-so-jammie Friday when we went to a festival downtown. Newbie was so much fun to watch because he was thrilled with the live music. We sat in a open field on the river listening to a not-so-great band, but Newbie had a ball. He ran out into the field and screamed, clapping his hands and cheering for the music.

Then he got really silly and started to spin around in circles and tumble to the ground. I've never seen him so slap-happy, and the Hubs and I spent a good half hour just laughing as we watched Newbie take it all in.


(Creepiest shirt. Ever. But Newbie loves it, and I can't deny him the fun of playing with those puggy googley eyes.)

(This is Newbie's "shake it off", used when eating sugary treats and when toughing it out after a stumble or fall. He rubs both hands together and dusts off all his problems. He's a stud.)
(Can I just take a minute and tell you how much Jetta, from the Clifford The Big Red Dog cartoons, annoys me? She's always got a high-pitched frog in her throat and she whines alllll the time. We're talking whinier than Caillou folks, and that's really saying something. If you're not familiar with Jetta or Caillou, just envision spending an hour of your morning listening to an ambulance siren drowning in a bathtub and you're pretty much there. She's definitely not my favorite. I'm pretty partial to Cleo, the neon purple colored poodle, though. I appreciate her sense of humor and she rocks a bit of husky in her voice that I can only achieve when I've got a bad cold. However, even with the redeeming attributes of Cleo, I'm still left to wonder whatever happened to David the Gnome or Duck Tales? Cartoons just aren't what they used to be.
Am I really blogging about cartoon characters? Whoa.
What I meant to say was I'm doing another "Start 'em Off" post this week! I'm shooting for Wednesday, and I'm going to take another whack at getting a linky hooked up so you can make your own post about a great "Start 'em Off" idea and link back here. If we get a few linkers, we'll have a big fun collection of different ways to help our kiddos grow to know and follow hard after Jesus. If we don't, we'll have a small fun collection of different ways to help our kiddos grow to know and follow hard after Jesus. Either way, it should be a good time. =) If you're not familiar with my Start 'em Off posts, you can click here or here to check out the last few. I hope you'll join us!
Here's wishing you all a marvelous Monday!
Woohoo! for "start 'em off"...I'm gonna try and get my act together and have a post ready by Wednesday! Thanks for doing it...such a great idea!
ReplyDelete