This weekend has been all good kinds of busy. I'm hopping on this afternoon to get a jump start on our weekend recap- the plan is to tell you about some of it now and some of it later.
(No kidding: that last sentence gave me a Now and Later craving strong enough to propel me into the kitchen digging through the candy stash for a piece of tooth-shattering, grape-flavored corn syrup goodness before continuing with my post. I wish I could tell you it is because I am pregnant, but lo, I am not pregnant: rather, I am just that influenced by artificially flavored sugar. Help, my thighs are crying.)
Friday night we hit up the city for a tour of the art contest that sprinkles the town this time of year. We met up with Miss L and her family for the third year in a row there, which we decided officially marks it as a tradition. Three years of doing anything with the same people makes for a legitimate tradition.
(Coffee shop stop while touring the town...it makes me so happy to see me and L with our little families together (the Hubs is behind the camera). We always dreamed they'd all be friends, and Look! Its happening!)
Downtown we saw lots of cool stuff, lots of weird stuff, and we ran up and down a hill because when you've got kids, you automatically inherit a get-out-of-that-chick-is-crazy-jail-free type of pass called the Cool Card. (The Hubs will hands-down LOVE the Monopoly game reference there, which is why I'm keeping it even though I'm seriously questioning the clarity of the previous sentence.) The Cool Card makes things like running up and down a random hill in the city totally cool. Said card also makes it cool to sing in line at the grocery store or to watch Disney movies anytime you want. It coolifies dancing to The Wiggles and hollering out football plays in the middle of a family photo shoot. In other words, the Cool Card is awesome, and being a mom totally rocks.


Newbie loved being out and about. He was happy running around when we gave him the chance, and he was happy riding in his stroller checking out all the art too. When we went last year, Newbie was just a little bitty guy, so it was really fun watching him take it all in this year. He really liked the grizzly bears and the big praying (preying?) mantis. This boy is all about animals. Animals are right up there with football and Ranch dressing as far as he's concerned.

(Those eyes! Melt my heart.)
(Its important to take time to smell the recycled plastic flowers.)

(This pic makes me laugh- they are not the biggest fans of waiting for Momma to take "just one more" picture! hehe)
For now, I have to jitter bug my hiney out of here because we've got an event at church tonight where we'll meet our small group for the first time. The Hubs and I are jazzed about being in a small group again, and we have to make sure we get there on time so our small groupies don't think they've got themselves a pair of lamesauce members. We'll save the running behind for our second impression. Also, I'm saving my crazy for the second impression too. Its always good to keep your crazy in your purse the first time you meet someone. I've tried it the other way around before by just throwing it all out there with a Hello, my name is Brittany, and I'm a woman who is ALL OVER THE PLACE with random factoids and tidbits of TMI, and I'm telling you right now, I have learned to TAKE IT EAAASY, sister. Note to self: Rein it in. Check.
Wishing you all a blessed Sunday evening and a great start to a new week tomorrow!
PS- Totally unrelated to anything, but I can't sign off without sharing this: Lately Newbie has been OBSESSED with brushing his teeth with his "Melmo" (Elmo) toothbrush. He is all about dental hygiene these days. I'm not sure if its the Elmo brush or the Little Bear berry flavored toothpaste, but he is a FAN of tooth-brushing and, consequently, teeth in general. (As kids, Corndog and I had bubble gum flavored Muppets toothpaste at Mutte's house that we loved- like, ate it out of the tube loved- so I can understand his appreciation for fun flavored paste. Just sayin'.)
The past three mornings we've gotten Newbie out of bed, the first thing he does is stand up in his crib and say "teef!" then point to his mouth. I ask him, "Oh wow! Did you grow a tooth last night?" and he looks at me for a bit, then smiles, nods, and says "yeah." It is the funniest morning routine we've seen out of him. The best part is, we think he's serious because he's only got 6 teeth so far and seems to have been teething lately. It just tickles us to no end that he's so obsessed with teeth now and likes to tell us about the teeth he's been growing overnight each morning!

Happy Sunday, and don't forget to brush!
No comments:
Post a Comment