Monday, May 10, 2010

Belly Button Day

After a long and grueling three weeks without a belly button, I hereby declare this, the tenth of May, BELLY BUTTON DAY!!! Newbie finally ditched the cord that has kept us from dunking him in a real bath and decided to show off his belly button this morning. And is it ever cute!

(Someday when my son is 17, I'm sure he'll thank me for posting online about the day he lost his umbilical cord. At least his father was able to talk me out of keeping it in a zip-lock baggie to show all of his friends at high school graduation...because that almost happened.)

This is one mama who cannot wait to give her boy a real bath tonight. Whew-wee! Three weeks of grime is just three weeks too long for a germaphobic mother. This little boy is hitting the tub as soon as his daddy gets home.

(I just have to take another moment separated by parenthesis to reflect on how much life has changed in the past month...three weeks ago I was writing about a squirrel in my wall named Chet, and now I'm writing about Belly Button Day. Wow. We've come a long way, folks. There is still plenty to write about Chet and his entourage of relatives that have been knocking on Newbie's nursery window, but we'll save that for another day. Today is just too momentous an occasion to be overlooked.)

Here is Newbie this morning celebrating Belly Button Day by taking a few whacks at the hippo he just discovered on his bouncer. If watching a three week old stare at small plush toys isn't your idea of fun, come back tomorrow, cuz that's all I've got today. =)

And for some cheap entertainment, here's the Belly Button Song...because who doesn't love a few vegetables dressed up like the Backstreet Boys singing about belly buttons?
Happy Belly Button Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment