Today Newbie had his 2 week check up. He is a whopper, folks. He came in at 9 pounds 4 ounces, and he has stretched 2 inches in the past two weeks. Wowza! Looks like this nursing thing might be working after all. We never take for granted every healthy report we have gotten since our time in the hospital. We are SO thankful that God has healed our little man and has him growing big and strong!
In other news, I've gotten really brave and given him THREE- count them- THREE baths since we got home. We're still waiting for that little belly button raisin to bite the dust, so we're restricted to sponge baths. Which scares me. Because I'd much rather just dunk him in a bath tub than try and wash him piece by piece with a washcloth without getting his belly wet. But I put on my big girl pants and did it twice in the past week. He smells sooo delicious. I could just eat him up. Really. I could.
Recently we have reached a little bump in the road called "Newbie, won't you please just fall back to sleep at 3 in the morning instead of staying up and making Daddy rock you for an hour and a half before you go back to sleep." I mean, really. We are taking quite the hit at 4 and 5 AM when he has been up for an hour or two, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, convinced we should be dancing to some Micheal Buble or downing brownies like we do throughout the day. I think our little man has his days and nights mixed up, and I am working on a remedy because there are only so many times you can press the vibrate button on the bassinet without your arm going numb from hanging over the edge within reach of the button. I have to come up with something. Fast. Before the Hubs loses it and I go a little more bonkers.
Speaking of the Hubs. Wow. He is such an incredible dad. I looove watching him with our little bug. He is so sweet and so caring. My favorite is hearing the Hubs at teh changing table say things like "Whoooooa. WHOA. WAIT! HOLD ON!" while he tries to avoid getting skunked again. Bahahaha! They're getting in some quality boy time right now. They've snuggled in on the couch and are vigorously hunting down digital deer and moose with the X-Box. I'm so glad this is a skill we are honing early. Thank goodness Newbie will know how to take down a high-definition elk on the TV by the time he is 3 months old. Awesome.
I've heard a lot of people describe newborns as little blobs, and I have to say, I just don't think so. Sure, he sits around and sleeps a lot, but this little guy has so much personality already, and I love watching him wriggle. Here's a clip of him hanging out in the nursery on the treasure of a quilt my grandmother made for him. He loooves to just hang out on his back and let his limbs go crazy- here is our little snuggle bug in action:
And with that, I regret to inform you that the Hubs and I have started an evening routine of heading upstairs around 7:30 or 8 in an effort to get as much shut-eye as we can around here. Unfortunately, this means I am going to miss my date with Jack Bauer tonight and will have to catch him via Fox.com tomorrow while Newbie naps. I can't stand missing the events in real time, but I'm thinking every bit of sleep is worth it no matter what the cost these days. I'm off to bed- hope you have had a marvelous Monday! =)
Just remember, this too shall pass. In a few months when newbie is sleeping 6+ hours in a row, you'll barely remember this time! Isaac was the same way...the first 6 weeks were rough, but it gets easier & better and you'll get more sleep eventually! Happy for the good doc report!
ReplyDelete