Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chet and his gang of rebels

Last night it was really warm out, so we got adventurous and made hamburgers on the grill AND ate them outside. With Newbie. And Opie. Then we came inside, and my little guy crashed.



Then I did a terrible thing...I picked him up to take him to his bassinet upstairs so I could fold laundry, and he woke up...for the rest of the evening. Oops. So he got to join us once again for American Idol.

Speaking of A.I., I have a confession. When they showed the clips of Lee visiting his hometown and his family, I cried. When he walked into the paint shop he used to work in, I lost it. I bawled my eyes out. And the Hubs thought it would be real funny to take a picture with his cell, because he doesn't have enough dirt on me, and he felt the need to document my emotional turmoil.

I didn't really just post a picture of myself in the middle of an ugly cry, did I? Oh well, you win some, you lose some. It's all in the name of documenting daily life, folks. But really, I mean, is that kid not the sweetest thing? I want him to win so bad. I'm going to be one of the 12 year olds texting a vote for Lee continuously for two hours after the show Tuesday night. I just love that he's the shy painter underdog. And that's why I bawled my eyes out. He's just some guy looking for his big break, bless his heart.

Ya wanna know the other reason why I bawled my eyes out last night? Because right as we were turning off the lights to go upstairs I spied a gigantic centipede cruising his way across the carpet in our den. He was moving at about a trillion miles per hour because all those legs have got to be good for something. The worst part is, this is the SEVENTH centipede we have found in the past two weeks. Have mercy. I don't know why those stinking things have taken up residence on my floor, walls, and ceilings, but I hate them. Chet probably let them in. That jerk. For those of you who are new to the blog, Chet is a squirrel who moved into the walls of my house right before Newbie was born. If I had a nickel for every critter that has taken it upon himself to fill the vacancies in this bed and breakfast, I could put in a pool. One with a fountain and a slide. Not kidding. Too bad you can't hunt centipedes with a gun, otherwise I'd have the Hubs on it.

To answer the question I know you're asking...yes, Chet is still around in all his glory, still scratching at the plaster in the walls and calling me names. He haunts me in the daytime when no one but me and Newbie are here to witness his existence. It's awful. One of these days we're gonna get him.

In the meantime, I'm going to snuggle my little man and try to get some laundry done. You know, before the local skunk moves in.

Y'all have a terrific, critter-free Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. the clip art squirrel/painted in centipede are great :) also, i like the post about me itching you. because i totally would have. haha. and also again... your baby looks studly in plaid. looove it

    ReplyDelete